Author Topic: My pride and joy with my new toy  (Read 854 times)

Stand_watie

• friend
My pride and joy with my new toy
« on: March 25, 2006, 12:41:23 PM »
My pride and joy

Shooting my new toy

Just about the right size for her don't you think?

So we banged off a few clips this afternoon, and then decided to head over to my neighbors (I call him Nimrod - "He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD" he's the neighborhood bane of coyotes, feral hogs, bobcats and stray dogs that wander within a thousand or so yards of his rifle, and quite possibly the only person in the world who, with no malicious intent, watched the disintegration of the space shuttle Columbia through the scope of a 30-06) - actually his real name is Richard and he's my step-brother in the sense that his mom is my un-official adopted mom - so I digress, we decided to head over there and show off my new toy. We jumped in the mini-dunebuggy and my pride and joy said "daddy, can we go for a quick fast ride on our way over?" What's a dad to say? "Go get your helmet on" and off we go - back to our little racing oval in the back pasture and at about 40 mph we hit an exceptionally lush patch of tall grass and discovered that it was hiding a foot of muddy water! Squeals of pure joy and terror from the apple of my eye! Now she wants more, more, more! So, we went back to Nimrod's stock tank and discovered that if you hit 18 inches of pure mud puddle at full speed it roughly equivalates a really dirty version of "the flume" at six flags. An hour later with both of us entirely soaked, with mud in our ears, between our teeth, up our noses, and in our hair, I remember that my new toy is still riding in a (fully enclosed) leather cell phone holder on my belt. Guess what? Leather cell phone holders don't keep out muddy water if the volume is high enough. So guess what I'm doing tonight? That's right - getting out the manual and taking the new toy apart and washing and drying it.

Here's baby girl after the ride.

Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 01:25:00 PM »
Cute kid, she looks like she's off to a good start

AR15 next?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 01:46:27 PM »
Quote from: RevDisk
Cute kid, she looks like she's off to a good start

AR15 next?
I'm thinking mini-30
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 02:01:17 PM »
Your a lucky guy, God Bless you.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 02:08:16 PM »
Magazines, not clips.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

matis

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 04:00:40 PM »
Quote from: gunsmith
Absolutely, Stand_watie!

matis
Si vis pacem; para bellum.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 03:45:45 AM »
Quote from: matis
Quote from: gunsmith
Absolutely, Stand_watie!

matis
I agree! Notice the hunched shoulders? If I'd taken a close-up you might have been able to see that her lips were starting to turn blue! Even on a sunny day in the 70's a cold (55 or 60 degree) soaking will really make you shiver. I didn't have any trouble getting her to take a (nice hot) bath though! Now my tub's full of dirt/sand.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"