Author Topic: he's not scared of guns and danger/his boyfriend is an army Ranger  (Read 6106 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: he's not scared of guns and danger/his boyfriend is an army Ranger
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 08:10:14 AM »
What I'd like to see is all the sorry sacks of *expletive deleted* who pretended to be gay to get out, forced back in to finish their contract.

Or forced to prove it.   >:D

That being said, James Fitzer is not an army of one. His view may not be all that prevalent.

Very few made it to my unit and those that did, didn't last long.  Usually got moved to the mech unit or another unit on base.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 09:24:22 AM »
That's the impression I get. As "homophobic" as I may be, even I am tired of hearing social conservatives spout off about this without caring to find out what the service-members think. Too many people have the mistaken impression that military personnel are all old-fashioned conservatives. Nonsense. If the soldiers are OK with open homo's serving with them, then I'm not sure I see a problem with it.

That being said, James Fitzer is not an army of one. His view may not be all that prevalent.

I had a lot of soldiers in my unit who made the blustery "Man, i ain't servin with no fags" type comments...

But, after leading these troops for a while, I know most of it is just that... blustery puffing-up.

I think the concerns about gays serving openly is overblown. My biggest evidence is this: They already serve, and everyone knows who the gay/lesbian soldiers in their units are.

A lot of opponents of the move say "But, now they can serve openly! They'll march in gay pride parades in uniform, and they'll dress fruity at the PX!"

Uniform regulations will still apply. You cannot demonstrate or march in uniform unless it's for a militarily sanctioned function, and you still have to dress in good taste within military guidelines.

If a soldier marches in a gay pride parade in uniform, you punish him the same as you would a soldier marching in any other partisan political rally in uniform.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 12:04:02 PM »
I had a lot of soldiers in my unit who made the blustery "Man, i ain't servin with no fags" type comments...

But, after leading these troops for a while, I know most of it is just that... blustery puffing-up.

I think the concerns about gays serving openly is overblown. My biggest evidence is this: They already serve, and everyone knows who the gay/lesbian soldiers in their units are.

A lot of opponents of the move say "But, now they can serve openly! They'll march in gay pride parades in uniform, and they'll dress fruity at the PX!"

Uniform regulations will still apply. You cannot demonstrate or march in uniform unless it's for a militarily sanctioned function, and you still have to dress in good taste within military guidelines.

If a soldier marches in a gay pride parade in uniform, you punish him the same as you would a soldier marching in any other partisan political rally in uniform.

^ This is spot on. Thanks for writing that up JF.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 12:45:55 PM »
I think the real trick here is to turn DADT into MYOB.

If we can do that, we'll be fine.
I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 01:23:37 PM »
I think the concerns about gays serving openly is overblown.

I hate to say it, but I've already had to correct a friend of mine who was talking about "the homosexual U.S. military."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2011, 01:27:46 PM »
Not sure i follow ya
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2011, 03:35:41 PM »
I'm pretty certain that the first 2 or 3 years of implementation of the new policy, that  E1's thru E7's will be getting
in all kinds of trouble for uttering the wrong epithet at the wrong time.

I hate to say it, but I've already had to correct a friend of mine who was talking about "the homosexual U.S. military."

its quite a lot of fun! I wish I could track down my old friend the infantry Sgt, razz him & stuff. ... it would be a blast.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2011, 08:22:43 PM »
Not sure i follow ya
I was saying that some people seem to expect a stampede from the gay bars to the recruiter's office, or they think the military has "gone gay." It's not realistic, but it's also way off base to blame (or credit) the military for a decision made by the civilian leadership. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2011, 09:03:50 PM »
I getcha now
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2011, 10:38:46 PM »
Ms. MillCreek 2.0 was a Navy lifer, retiring after 20 years as a Chief Corpsman.  She always said that military medicine had a disproportionately higher percentage of gays as compared to the rest of the Fleet, at least in terms of gay women, both enlisted and officers.  She said that other than other sailors automatically assuming she was gay, as a female corpsman, she never had any problem with the gay sailors that she led.  She said that as a general rule, they got into less trouble and caused less problems than the young straight male sailors.   

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.