Author Topic: he's not scared of guns and danger/his boyfriend is an army Ranger  (Read 6105 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/feb/24/combat-troops-to-get-gay-sensitivity-training/?page=1

I used to be really sensitive so I asked God to help me and lo and behold my ex girlfriend said "you know, you're really insensitive" I said "yes, I couldn't do it without Gods help"
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: he's not scared of guns and danger/his boyfriend is an army Ranger
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 09:31:53 AM »
Moving to politics.  And I swear to (insert chosen deity here) that if this one gets nasty, I'll start handing out time outs.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 09:58:41 AM »
I would think making any sort of trouble for anyone while in a combat zone would be a counter survival technique.

I am envisioning the sort of PC training presentations with power points they give at big companies being given with gunfire and explosions going on in the background and folks for some reason acting very distracted.  :facepalm:
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 10:00:46 AM »
Moving to politics.  And I swear to Oprah that if this one gets nasty, I'll start handing out time outs.

OK, I inserted a deity. What do I win?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 11:05:39 AM »
Well, I'm glad the DOD is taking on this vital issue in the face of such trivialities as combat operations.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 02:06:10 PM »
WOW, whoever could have predicted that repealing DADT would have a negative effect on troops readiness?

I, for one, am shocked, SHOCKED, that the repeal was only the beginning of a politically correct crusade. Also that gambling is going on in here.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

eyebrows

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 02:50:48 PM »
This right here
We hope that it will have little impact on their combat and security operations here.
that statement should have heads rolling. Whoever is responsible for deciding that "a little" impact on combat and security operations is acceptable so that our troops may be a little more sensitive to gays has their head up their *** and needs to GTFO of the military NOW!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 05:12:28 PM »
And I swear to (insert chosen deity here) that if this one gets nasty, I'll start handing out time outs.

As the founder of the Church of the Choose Your Own Adventure Faith, I take offense to your caustic ignorance to our Faith's freedom to worship the deity we wish.

Turn to page 17.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 06:58:00 PM »
Well, I'm glad the DOD is taking on this vital issue in the face of such trivialities as combat operations.

that statement should have heads rolling. Whoever is responsible for deciding that "a little" impact on combat and security operations is acceptable so that our troops may be a little more sensitive to gays has their head up their *** and needs to GTFO of the military NOW!

Congress passed a law, the CINC said "Do it".

You would rather the DOD pick and choose which orders it follows?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 07:15:57 PM »
Those same troops have been inflicted with *chosen Deity* knows how many "Do it and do it now!" trainings since they have been deployed. This just gets news because it is "Oh teh noes, teh gheys is comingz!!!" I'm sure 98.5% of the troops could care less. We know how to deal with gays because we already serve with them. And the only time it ever seems to be a problem is when somebody wants to play the queen card to get out of their service contract. Which isn't, from my irritable NCO point a view, a bit different than the knocked-up right before deployment card, the sick lame and lazy card, my daddy's a congressman card, or the ever popular I'm a single dad and the kid's mom is a meth head so I can't deploy. The last one often having merit if we care about kids, not so much if it's winning wars.

The mandatory training from on high is just how the very senior military does CYA these days. Chinese put malware on every thumb drive in the world and infect the navy? Have training. SN Jones found zip-tied in the shower wearing pink bunny slippers and little else? Have training. Flush a koran? Have training. Ship stuck on sandbar unexpectedly? Have training. Actually do your job? We got training for that Hey smart-ass, figure that out on your own time, we got training to do!

That is the military's two default buttons for getting the press and congresscritters off their heels. Fire someone almost important, and training.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 10:40:29 PM »
Congress passed a law, the CINC said "Do it".

You would rather the DOD pick and choose which orders it follows?

Why not?  The CINC has decided which laws he's NOT going to enforce....  Goose/Gander and all that.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 10:42:46 PM »
The mandatory training from on high is just how the very senior military does CYA these days. Chinese put malware on every thumb drive in the world and infect the navy? Have training. SN Jones found zip-tied in the shower wearing pink bunny slippers and little else? Have training. Flush a koran? Have training. Ship stuck on sandbar unexpectedly? Gloss over the fact that all this training is distracting sailors from important things like driving ships.  Relieve the skipper. Have training. Actually do your job? We got training for that Hey smart-ass, figure that out on your own time, we got training to do!

You forgot one part.  Don't worry, I fixed it.  You ought to see how good I am with power points after all the training I've had!

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 10:16:08 AM »
Quote from: French G.
Those same troops have been inflicted with *chosen Deity* knows how many "Do it and do it now!" trainings since they have been deployed. This just gets news because it is "Oh teh noes, teh gheys is comingz!!!" I'm sure 98.5% of the troops could care less. We know how to deal with gays because we already serve with them. And the only time it ever seems to be a problem is when somebody wants to play the queen card to get out of their service contract.
Worked because everyone was pretty much on a level playing field.  Won't work the same when integration moves to preferential treatment as it inevitably will.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 10:17:29 AM »
Why not?  The CINC has decided which laws he's NOT going to enforce....  Goose/Gander and all that.

Yeah, no.  There's good reasons the military doesn't get to be in charge.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 11:15:19 AM »
Those same troops have been inflicted with *chosen Deity* knows how many "Do it and do it now!" trainings since they have been deployed. This just gets news because it is "Oh teh noes, teh gheys is comingz!!!" I'm sure 98.5% of the troops could care less. We know how to deal with gays because we already serve with them. And the only time it ever seems to be a problem is when somebody wants to play the queen card to get out of their service contract. Which isn't, from my irritable NCO point a view, a bit different than the knocked-up right before deployment card, the sick lame and lazy card, my daddy's a congressman card, or the ever popular I'm a single dad and the kid's mom is a meth head so I can't deploy. The last one often having merit if we care about kids, not so much if it's winning wars.

Which is the hilarious side effect of ending DADT, no more "I'm gay, I want out!" malingerers.

The mandatory training from on high is just how the very senior military does CYA these days. Chinese put malware on every thumb drive in the world and infect the navy? Have training. SN Jones found zip-tied in the shower wearing pink bunny slippers and little else? Have training. Flush a koran? Have training. Ship stuck on sandbar unexpectedly? Have training. Actually do your job? We got training for that Hey smart-ass, figure that out on your own time, we got training to do!

That is the military's two default buttons for getting the press and congresscritters off their heels. Fire someone almost important, and training.

You must not be getting enough training if you had time to post that.

Worked because everyone was pretty much on a level playing field.  Won't work the same when integration moves to preferential treatment as it inevitably will.

Just another protected class to worry about, along with women and minorities that have been getting protection in the military for twenty years plus.  However, in my experience, not as much of a factor as you might think.  Very few women/minorities pulled the "I'm a woman/minority, give me preferential treatment!" card when I was in.  My experience was actually the opposite.  Most of them busted their asses to be better than whitey, so that people wouldn't say "That woman/minority got promoted to fill a quota!".  The lazy pieces of *expletive deleted*it would have been lazy pieces of *expletive deleted*it if they were white men.
I suspect the gays will be the same way.  Most will work hard to be a Marine/Soldier/Airmen/Sailor first, and to prove that they are who they are on their own merits, not because of preferential treatment. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 04:02:16 PM »
I had a roomate for awhile, he was an E7 in the Infantry, he used to razz me Sooooo much about being a niners fan and having lived in San Francisco ( because, obviously only gays like the niners and live in SF ).

This was a good tyen years ago and he was a lifer, I wonder hows he doing?
I really hope I can track him down- I lost track of him somewhere around his 2nd tour in Iraq.

I have so many cadences for the new Army I wanna share with him :P :angel: :cool:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 05:46:01 PM »
*expletive deleted*it soldiers are *expletive deleted*it soldiers, Good soldiers are good soldiers.

I've known great soldiers who I'm almost positive were gay.

I don't think this is an issue. And if you're the type of person to abuse someone because they're gay, then I don't want you serving anyways.

What I'd like to see is all the sorry sacks of *expletive deleted*it who pretended to be gay to get out, forced back in to finish their contract.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 06:10:34 PM »
*Oprah* soldiers are *Oprah* soldiers, Good soldiers are good soldiers.

FIFY

I knew a old Marine who once said that gay soldiers have a way of not making it out of a combat zone.  Well, walking that is.  The boys on the ground will find a way of fixing any problems.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 06:29:01 PM »
I think that viewpoint is a bit dated...

The majority of soldiers don't think that way any more

and anyone who's been in a firefight ceases to give a rats rear who is laying down suppressive fire once the S hits the F
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 08:12:22 PM »
Whole lotta people gonna start getting disciplined for using un-PC language will be the end result of this, I predict.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 11:22:29 PM »
Whole lotta people gonna start getting disciplined for using un-PC language will be the end result of this, I predict.

Yeah. And a lot of them will be chaplains. They will be told they can't say homosexuality is a sin. 
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 12:16:50 AM »
I think that viewpoint is a bit dated...

The majority of soldiers don't think that way any more

and anyone who's been in a firefight ceases to give a rats rear who is laying down suppressive fire once the S hits the F

That's the impression I get. As "homophobic" as I may be, even I am tired of hearing social conservatives spout off about this without caring to find out what the service-members think. Too many people have the mistaken impression that military personnel are all old-fashioned conservatives. Nonsense. If the soldiers are OK with open homo's serving with them, then I'm not sure I see a problem with it.

That being said, James Fitzer is not an army of one. His view may not be all that prevalent.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 12:54:34 AM »
I have served in an armed force that allows gay men to serve openly. I've never seen these alleged 'problems'. I'm sure someone can dig up some isolated case somewhere but it's not a statistically valid issue.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 01:03:43 AM »
Some of the best people that worked for me were dykes. It was pretty discriminatory that a SO could not exactly be anywhere in the military's scheme of things for NOK or benificiary status.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 02:06:35 AM »
Ship stuck on sandbar unexpectedly?

Been there, done that, didn't actually get stuck stuck but we did "shave off" some high dollar SONAR stuff off the bottom and left it on the approach to Charleston.
Things got unpleasant for the NAV/OPS dept. for a while.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams