Author Topic: Harbor Freight Tools  (Read 12388 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Harbor Freight Tools
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2011, 07:18:20 PM »
To carry in a truck, and maybe make the difference between driving or walking 20 miles home, I want GOOD tools, not soft Chinese tools.  But most of us can't afford Snap-On unless we find a deal in a second hand store. 

I can assure you that the sockets are not soft steel in any way. In fact, I have yet to break one, and they have been my primary sockets for the past 10 years or so...I have several sets. I have broken several "better" brand sockets.

I know it defies all logic, and I'd be the first to agree with you that Chinese stuff in general is crap, but somehow they did figure out how to make some decent sockets (just like many of their weapons are pretty well regarded, such as their M14 receivers and 1911 slides and frames). Yet they won't make a decent pocketknife. I give up...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 09:50:42 PM by Avenger29 »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2011, 07:58:52 PM »
They did have a large stack of "Pocket Ref" books, which is excellent.  They'd make great gifts this holiday season.

Oh, man, those are great little reference books.  Sort of like a "Machinery's Handbook,"  "U.S. Chemical and Rubber Handbook," and a few other reference books edited down into one neat little handy package.  And they've also got the computer one, but mine is a wee bit out of date since I don't do computers any more.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 08:08:52 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2011, 08:32:31 AM »
Anyone ever get their folding cargo trailers?

My dad bought one and used it to haul his atv.  When he passed I sold it to my wife's brother.  He loved it.  He pulled it to central and west Texas several times. He only sold it to get a bigger trailer.