Author Topic: Unbelievable Liberal Comment for the day  (Read 1572 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Unbelievable Liberal Comment for the day
« on: March 04, 2011, 09:00:37 AM »
From an article on WAPO:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/03/03/AR2011030305129_Comments.html

MassJim wrote:
One of the commentators stated that "What the rule book doesn't allow is dirty plays (post facto breaking contracts)." Please note the federal governments treatment of GM's bond holders vs treatment of GM Unions. Bondholders rights were trampled in order to award unions their benefits. I think the Obama administration opened up one heck of a can of worms there, and so Unions have no right to claim foul in this regard in Wisconsin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The issue that you're missing MassJim in your convoluted reasoning is that the union had a signed contract with GM. The bond holders take a risk. If they didn't like the risk of the investment, they could have waited until GM offered the bonds until the return on the bonds was higher.

Investing, of any kind is a risk. If you don't like the risk, don't invest.

If they didn't like the union contract, GM shouldn't have signed it.

Everyone has a choice, they can either accept, or walk away from!

Isn't that supposed to be what Capitalism is all about?

Wow, just wow. Unable to comprehend that the bondholders ALSO had a contract. AND, that according to the law, their contract should take precedence. It wasn't a choice between someone who rolled the dice and someone with a contract enforceable under law, it was a choice between contracts and deciding, ex post facto, to ignore the law.

His reasoning and inability to comprehend the actual situation is breathtaking.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
Re: Unbelievable Liberal Comment for the day
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 11:56:15 AM »
The way he uses commas makes me think of our very own second Amendment.

To point, this is just one more example of how rules apply only when they benefit leftists or their causes.

Ask him if he thinks the absentee state Senators are violating their contract with the electorate.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 02:07:23 PM »
Wow, what a *expletive deleted*che'.

I knew that all of those business and business laws classes in college were total BS.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 10:43:27 PM »
The video is gone, Sanglant. The WisconsinEye Network that owns it had it removed from YouTube, and they're not showing it on their own network.

Gee, I wonder which side they're on?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 10:45:09 PM »
It's not hate speech unless you're an angry right winger with lots of high capacity evil untraceable guns.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 11:52:58 PM »
pity i didn't save it. didn't think we were that far gone yet. won't happen again. >:D

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 10:43:46 AM »
Oh, big surprise! Liberal newspapers have liberal comments! ;/
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G