Author Topic: Castle Jumped the Shark: Spolier-Full  (Read 8004 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Castle Jumped the Shark: Spolier-Full
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 03:28:00 AM »
I always envisioned John Clark as a kinda stocky, fit, competent guy, but Willem DaFoe has enough creepy crazy to make it work.

I always pictured Clark as just a little past his ruggedly handsome prime.  Think Mark Valley with a hangover.  Didn't Clancy describe Clark as somewhat taller than Chavez but not as stocky?  Bit hard to reconcile that with 5'7" Dafoe unless Chavez was a midget.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 05:22:31 AM »
Alec Baldwin...I liked the book much better than the movie, although the book was slow starting off, but it sucked you in pretty good once it got going.

I may be the only one here that watched Hunt for Red October as a 1st release while actually underway on a fast attack submarine. We were deployed in the Med at the time.

Talk about a room full of critics... =D

« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:27:01 AM by RoadKingLarry »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 05:37:32 AM »
I may be the only one here that watched Hunt for Red October as a 1st release while actually underway on a fast attack submarine. We were deployed in the Med at the time.

Talk about a room full of critics... =D

Having watched a few episodes of Cops with a DPS trooper, I can imagine.

Watching anything even remotely medieval with a bunch of SCA folks can be almost as bad; they actually ran down the batteries on the DVD remote backing up, pausing and zooming.  Watching cowboy movies with SASS people is similar.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 11:24:49 AM »
Having watched a few episodes of Cops with a DPS trooper, I can imagine.

Watching anything even remotely medieval with a bunch of SCA folks can be almost as bad; they actually ran down the batteries on the DVD remote backing up, pausing and zooming.  Watching cowboy movies with SASS people is similar.

Snort.

They can come back with the snark when they shoot more than mouse fart loads.  All hat, no powder.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2011, 02:58:32 AM »
Except that SCA and SASS are play acting and while entertaining from what I've seen hard core reality isn't the mainstay of either, Of course hard core reality doesn't always come into play with law enforcement officers either. =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011, 11:01:19 AM »
Except that SCA and SASS are play acting and while entertaining from what I've seen hard core reality isn't the mainstay of either, Of course hard core reality doesn't always come into play with law enforcement officers either. =D

When one is pretending to chop someone else's limbs off with a broadsword I think a certain lack of realism is a good thing.  =D
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011, 11:28:23 AM »
When one is pretending to chop someone else's limbs off with a broadsword I think a certain lack of realism is a good thing.  =D

Tis but a flesh wound, I shall continue! Guy I worked with and his cousin were both in the same unit, both SCA. They got permission to bring their SCA stuff on deployment with us and practice on the ship. Pretty fun to watch.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.