Author Topic: pro dui montana republican  (Read 11305 times)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: pro dui montana republican
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2011, 06:01:58 PM »
were that the case the bac limit would be 0

Just give it time.

That's why MADD lobbied to push it down from .10 to .08, and there's lots of noise about .06 and .05...

MADD went from the understandable outrage over dead kids/innocents, and making laws/punishments actually fit some semblance of the damage done, to the new face of the temperance movement.
I promise not to duck.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2011, 06:04:09 PM »
The goal of DUI laws has long shifted from stopping drunk people from driving, to stopping anybody who has had any alcohol at all from driving.

That is MADD's motive.  And, apparently CSD's.

Lord save the solid citizens from hysterics and the zeal of converts.

Representative Hale: "These taverns and bars are the centers of these communities." 

Maybe that's the problem?

Maybe the problem is that you haven't spent enough time in small town taverns to know what goes on inside them? 

Quote from: cassandra and sara's daddy
in my view there exists a strong chance were i impaired i would not have missed. deliberately chosing to loweer my ability to perform a task that can fatally affect my fellow citizens should have consequences

Make sure you leave your kids at home or only take them places in a horse-drawn conveyance, then, because most any kids in a back seat will impair a driver more than 0.08BAC.  Unless you made sure the kiddos had a beer, too.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2011, 09:36:17 PM »
Maybe the problem is that you haven't spent enough time in small town taverns to know what goes on inside them? 

I wouldn't call that problem, but no, I haven't. Thus I phrased that as an interrogative. It still seems like a good question, though.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2011, 10:32:57 AM »
Representative Hale: "These taverns and bars are the centers of these communities." 

Maybe that's the problem?

The definition of a town in Montana is a bar and a post office.

The post office is optional.  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

eyebrows

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2011, 01:05:44 PM »
I gotta better reason then most to hate drunk drivers.

IMO dui laws are much like many other (behavior control) laws. Ineffective at actually preventing the behavior from occuring in the first place and only dealing with conseqence after the fact.
What I'd like to see is a big heavy hammer of the law getting dropped hard. People wanna drink n drive AND CAUSE INJURY then they should have their life destroyed or at least mangled.
Example: drunk crashes and kills some kids dad, that drunk should loose EVERYTHING possibly including their life. Might convince more people that the cost of drunk driving isn't something they can afford.

I have no pity or tolerence to thoughtless people that cause injury to others. Worth about as much as dog**** on the bottom of my shoe, IMO.

For those caught driving drunk without causing injury then I think their car should be taken and auctioned off on the first offense. Second offense choptheir friggen legs off.
And those that say "well she's only 100 pounds and only had two drinks"... Tough titty. You drank and then chose to drive. 1 beer or 10 isn't gonna make a difference if you destroy somebodys family.
Drinking booze away from home isn't a requirement for anybody no matter what. But not having a steering wheel embedded in their chest is required for all the other people on the road.

When I see drunks on the road I call 911 and follow till the cops show. Then as I drive away I wish the worst outcome possible on the drunk driver.   

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2011, 06:26:07 PM »
In Minnesota if you call a taxi, wait for it to show up, and then go into your car to get your things the police will (and have in the past) arrest you for drunk driving. You literally need a sober person to get your things out of your car for you. The state police even openly defend that interpretation of the law due to the opportunity to drive impaired.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2011, 06:33:11 PM »
In Minnesota if you call a taxi, wait for it to show up, and then go into your car to get your things the police will (and have in the past) arrest you for drunk driving. You literally need a sober person to get your things out of your car for you. The state police even openly defend that interpretation of the law due to the opportunity to drive impaired.

Maybe we ought to treat the LEOs who take such actions and positions as murderous thugs, as they have the opportunity to do so?
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2011, 07:24:14 PM »

source?  of the non infowars variety if posible
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

HForrest

• friend
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2011, 07:43:50 PM »
source?  of the non infowars variety if posible
I'm too lazy to compile sources right now, but that is indeed the way it works in most states. If you have any form of control over your vehicle, even on private property, you can be charged with DUI.

• friends
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2011, 07:47:43 PM »
this was the unsubstantiated claim  bold added by me. a single source of that claim in real life?  not my best friends cousins brother says variety

"if you call a taxi, wait for it to show up, and then go into your car to get your things the police will (and have in the past) arrest you for drunk driving. "

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2011, 07:59:04 PM »
this was the unsubstantiated claim  bold added by me. a single source of that claim in real life?  not my best friends cousins brother says variety

"if you call a taxi, wait for it to show up, and then go into your car to get your things the police will (and have in the past) arrest you for drunk driving. "

While I was in grad school (1995), I worked as an intern for the office managing work release cases for the Harnett County Circuit Courts (rural NC).  With that "job", I spent several hours a week in court.  I frequently saw situation as described by DustinD.  Even better, the cops frequently admitted the accused wasn't driving and probably had no intent to drive.

Wanna call me a liar like you do so many others here?  Oh, I get it, you don't call people liars, you just insinuate they are lying.

Chris

• friends
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2011, 08:12:58 PM »
you saw cases where someone called a taxi and when the taxi showed up arrested the guy who called the cab? or cases where the arrested claimed that? or their lawyers claimed that?

the accused wasn't driving and probably had no intent to drive.

that will get you popped if you have the keys and could drive you are smoked.  the drill is leave the keys where cops can't find em.  that limits you to drunk in public.  or will limit the conviction when it goes to court.  they can try any charge

• friends
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2011, 08:18:46 PM »
you folks do know what the law hes against was about right? repeat dui offenders?

you'd hate the "interdiction " ordinances then.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2011, 08:22:16 PM »
I don't recall any cases where they were waiting on a taxi per se, but this being rural NC, taxis were not a common occurrence.  However, people did get popped and convicted for sitting in cars or opening car doors to retrieve some random item without the keys ever entering the ignition switch.

Chris

• friends
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2011, 08:25:35 PM »
keys only have to be on your person  been that way since the 80's  know a 54 year old man got 10 years for sleeping in his car behind the bar he got drunk in. he got out in 6

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2011, 08:31:33 PM »
keys only have to be on your person  been that way since the 80's  know a 54 year old man got 10 years for sleeping in his car behind the bar he got drunk in. he got out in 6

Why do you think this is OK?

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2011, 08:51:36 PM »

The zeal of the convert.

The revenge of the reformed on those who never had strayed.

As he used to act in a dangerously irresponsible manner with ethyl alcohol, those of us who never were sloppy drunks must have our liberties curtailed and submit to an asinine legal regimen.  "Hey, <insert thuggish tactic> has been done since <insert decade> and the guy should have known better than to think that acting in a reasonable manner was enough to keep him from being arrested."

Drunks are less danger to liberty than the MADD hysterics and some reformed drunks, sure enough.

I wonder, do all these 0.08BAC hard liners never drive with their children, due to their impaired function when their kids are in their autos?
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2011, 09:05:46 PM »

it was his 10th dui  he'd killed 2 people so far

that we know of

• friends
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2011, 09:10:17 PM »
The zeal of the convert.

The revenge of the reformed on those who never had strayed.

As he used to act in a dangerously irresponsible manner with ethyl alcohol, those of us who never were sloppy drunks must have our liberties curtailed and submit to an asinine legal regimen.  "Hey, <insert thuggish tactic> has been done since <insert decade> and the guy should have known better than to think that acting in a reasonable manner was enough to keep him from being arrested."

Drunks are less danger to liberty than the MADD hysterics and some reformed drunks, sure enough.

I wonder, do all these 0.08BAC hard liners never drive with their children, due to their impaired function when their kids are in their autos?

io have no problem with folks drinking  more power to em heck i still tend bar  driving?  i have problems with. you know some of the worst?  the ones just a lil buzzed .  they get i trouble thinking they are fine.  the regular drunk knows hes bombed and drives slower is scared

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2011, 09:12:10 PM »
it was his 10th dui  he'd killed 2 people so far

that we know of

Then lock him up for killing two people, not for sleeping in his car.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

• friends
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2011, 09:27:23 PM »
he'd been locked up for the 2 separate killings did a dime on the second one.  he was a drunk  and he liked his car. he got what he deserved  heck even he thought so after a while.  he was only out 3 months  wasn't supposed to drink at all

erictank

• friends
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2011, 09:55:16 PM »

And that is frakking medical-grade-pure bovine excrement.  :mad: [ar15] [ar15] [ar15]

Getting DUI for ***NOT*** driving? 

W.

T

F?!?!?

The *ONLY* thing that does is encourage people to GO AHEAD AND PUT THE KEYS IN THE IGNITION AND TRY TO MAKE IT HOME!

What the hell are they actually trying to do here?

it was his 10th dui  he'd killed 2 people so far

that we know of

And he should pay for those crimes.  Should have been locked up for a long time, and lost his license for longer, after his first actual DUI.  There's not one person out there on the road who doesn't know that drunk driving - even "buzzed" driving - is both illegal and dangerous.  Enforce the law, and put teeth in it early so that there IS no later.

He should *NOT* pay for REFUSING to commit a crime!

Sleeping it off behind the bar in his own car is... loitering, maybe.  If it's posted, anyways.  Ask the property owner.

Some of your attitudes mystify me, C&SD.

• friends
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2011, 10:00:03 PM »
sleeping it off in his own car  with the keys on him gets him the ride.  in his case drinking at all gets him the ride.  and he was well aware of that when he went out.  play stupid games win stupid prizes.  play em 10 times, 10 convictions, you get the bonus prize.  you had to really try to get 10 convictions back then. 

shoot look whats coming
http://www.andrewflusche.com/blog/fredericksburg-sliding-down-a-slippery-alcohol-slope/

HForrest

• friend
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2011, 11:35:12 PM »
So, this begs the question, why do you believe it's okay to arrest someone with no prior DUIs for having the gall to possess keys to their own property?