Author Topic: A new low  (Read 1152 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
A new low
« on: April 12, 2011, 10:24:52 PM »
Punk and his girlfriend rip off a kids' lemonade stand -- that's raising money for a relative's medical treatment.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/12/2-adults-arrested-in-lemonade-stand-heist/

Can't get much lower than that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

CNYCacher

• friend
Re: A new low
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 10:37:43 PM »
You will notice that CNN linked to the website where the family was collecting donations online.  The first three listed donations cover the lemonade stand money, and there are at least 50 dated today.  =D
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 10:37:59 PM »
Thats just... Wrong.  :mad:

I hope the publicity has a silver lining and people donate money to the family in need.

And cny says yes.  =)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 02:06:41 AM »
When they asked him why he robbed kids' lemonade stands, he replied, "That's where the money is." "Even for a criminal, I lack ambition."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 11:47:10 AM »
Thats just... Wrong.  :mad:

I hope the publicity has a silver lining and people donate money to the family in need.

And cny says yes.  =)

It's not even noon on the eastern end of the country and their donations page is filled with donations dated today.  It's pretty clear that the page only shows the 50 most recent donations, so it's impossible to tell for sure how much they are getting, but if we assume it's only been those 50 in the past 12 hours, then they probably have received $5,000 since the story hit CNN, based on the average donation.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage