Author Topic: Baiting hippies...  (Read 3790 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Baiting hippies...
« on: April 25, 2011, 11:55:16 AM »
Is it a Bad Thing to try to inflict logic upon Democratic Underground types?
Blog under construction

HankB

• friend
Re: Baiting hippies...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 11:58:17 AM »
From the title, I thought you might be discussing techniques on how best to attach a reefer to a treble hook . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

erictank

• friends
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 11:59:14 AM »
Is it a Bad Thing to try to inflict logic upon Democratic Underground types?

Just stand far enough back that you don't get any brains on you when their heads explode.

6" ought to do it, maybe.  :lol:

I keed, I keed...

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 12:22:25 PM »
6" may be minimum range for head 'splosion protection.  But I think the minimum safe range for patchouli oil and greasy dreadlocks is at least 21'. 
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

erictank

• friends
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 12:23:57 PM »
6" may be minimum range for head 'splosion protection.  But I think the minimum safe range for patchouli oil and greasy dreadlocks is at least 21'. 

Good point.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 01:17:05 PM »
Just stand far enough back that you don't get any brains on you when their heads explode.

I don't think there is much chance of that happening  ;)

I just call on em to define the catchphrases and develop the logic.  My favorite of late being 'fair share.'

Then just walk them through some grade school level civics and economics.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 01:56:42 PM »
As long as you remember to disinfect yourselve in a timely manner, i'm sure the spatter won't kill you...
I hope  :angel:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 02:17:52 PM »
You need definitions?

"Fair Share"- all of what you got are belong to me.
  "Capitalist Pig"- anybody who got more than me.
  "Equal opportunity"- I get my stuff first.

Etc- scratch a liberal and you will usually find a greedy envious class-warfare advocate.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 03:07:24 PM »
Etc- scratch a liberal and you will usually find a greedy envious class-warfare advocate.

I try to do my part to 'reveal' folks as being unfit for polite society.  It doesn't take much.  I've constantly been amazed at how folks will walk on egg shells to keep a guest from insulting the host.  I say go ahead and 'bait' em, better to let them make a scene and get the boot than put up with them time and time again. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 04:56:00 PM »
Just bait them by going full-bore paleo-conservative/fascist on them.

Espouse regressive tax rates that are higher for the poor. (Because they consume more .gov services)

Promote the idea of loss of parental rights for various "social undesirables" like say... vegans, and that their children should be raised in special boarding schools, where the .mil has first pick of the graduates.

I've never tried it just on issues of the Left/Right spectrum, but on the rare occasions I find myself in rare conversational debate with an anti-gunner, I just throw stuff with an effusive sense of cheerfulness out there like "Well, the occasional dead child, and mass shooting is worth my rights." It usually leaves them silent, with nothing else to say.  :laugh:
I promise not to duck.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 09:37:12 PM »
I was thinking tofu with a #48 Newhouse in a flat set until I read your post.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 09:40:52 PM »
Just bait them by going full-bore paleo-conservative/fascist on them.

Espouse regressive tax rates that are higher for the poor. (Because they consume more .gov services)

Promote the idea of loss of parental rights for various "social undesirables" like say... vegans, and that their children should be raised in special boarding schools, where the .mil has first pick of the graduates.

I've never tried it just on issues of the Left/Right spectrum, but on the rare occasions I find myself in rare conversational debate with an anti-gunner, I just throw stuff with an effusive sense of cheerfulness out there like "Well, the occasional dead child, and mass shooting is worth my rights." It usually leaves them silent, with nothing else to say.  :laugh:

I love doing stuff like this.

Told my liberal side of the family, who wanted to put up Clinton on Mt. Rushmore, that they should dynamite Lincoln off instead and put up Reagan. It caused an...interesting reaction...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 09:52:16 PM »
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 12:35:32 PM »
It's fun to point a DU'er and a FREEP'er (different ends of the spectrum, same sort of idiocy) at one another, stand back and watch the show.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln