Author Topic: Ruger LCR  (Read 673 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Ruger LCR
« on: April 30, 2011, 02:21:21 AM »
The members of the Aurora Sportsmen's Club pooled they're nickels and presented me with a Ruger LCR with Crimson Trace grips last night.

I served as club president the last three years and believe me they weren't easy.  The Club was almost $14 million in debt and had about 500 members.

I managed to knock that down to a $2million mortgage and $1.7million we owe the members.  We moved from our home of 61 year, Sugar Grove, to Waterman.  We dealt with a Illinois Secretary of State Investigation, 3 IRS Audits, and almost having the bank foreclose and we declare bankruptcy.  We grew the membership to over 1300, added many new events and have become a very welcome part of the Waterman and DeKalb county community.

So last night, at the meeting, everything got real blurry, and I couldn't find any words other then "It was an honor and privilege to have served as your president. Thank You." 

When Illinois gets CCW/RTC it will be my carry piece.  (The Colt 1911 that I have carried in Indiana, is going to be "re-purposed".)

So if there are any ASC members that read this.  Thank You, you don't know what this gift means to me.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Re: Ruger LCR
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 02:25:33 AM »
Damned if that didn't bring a little tear to my eye =).
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 09:59:29 AM »
You're a good man Scout.  Sounds like others seem to think you are as well..  :)
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 11:31:46 AM »
We know the real reason for the phrase, "Scout's honor."

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 12:17:01 PM »
Congratulations. It's good to know some people still recognize and appreciate hard work and dedication.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch