Author Topic: Never bring a knife to a catfight  (Read 8119 times)

slugcatcher

• friend
Never bring a knife to a catfight
« on: May 09, 2011, 02:18:54 PM »
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/cleveland/news/article_3f8b7022-782a-11e0-b12d-001cc4c002e0.html

Posted: Sunday, May 8, 2011 4:06 pm | Updated: 1:11 pm, Mon May 9, 2011.

By VANESA BRASHIER | 18 comments

A Cleveland man was attacked by a housecat Friday afternoon and the man's injuries are so severe that he had to be taken by air ambulance to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston.

The altercation between the man and the animal occurred at a home on CR 3182 a few miles south of Cleveland in Liberty County.

At some point during the attack, the man and the cat reportedly were injured by a knife the man was holding. The man was taken to Cleveland Regional Medical Center before being transported to Houston.

Game wardens Danny Diaz and Adam Broll captured the cat. It was taken to Big Thicket Animal Hospital for examination.

The man's identity is unknown at this time.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Never bring a knife to a catfight
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 03:29:35 PM »
Don't laugh.  Those little critters can be vicious:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ubQxtEukvw

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 04:06:35 PM »
http://www.basspro.com/Offshore-Angler-153-Aluminum-Fish-Bats/product/59563/-1098984

Always use the right tool for the job.
The cat was probably latched on to the guy when he frantically stabbed at it, hitting himself.

...and yes, I've been attacked by a demon cat, unprovoked. Most kitties are aresome, but there are a few out there that really need to be put down.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 04:15:42 PM »
I was bitten on the last election day, the only reason I didn't crush the skull of the bstd that attached itself to me was that it was missus ranch owners cat and I am living here by her good graces-it took 3 months to heal from one bite.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 04:37:42 PM »
The cat was probably latched on to the guy when he frantically stabbed at it, hitting himself.

Be sure of your target and what is behind it  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 05:27:00 PM »
Be sure of your target and what is behind it  ;)

I.E.; the backstop should not be your abdomen or testicles.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 07:22:25 PM »
Don't laugh.  Those little critters can be vicious:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ubQxtEukvw

Anyone who has seen the movie THOR or a bull roarer in use knows how to handle this problem....  :cool:

http://www.basspro.com/Offshore-Angler-153-Aluminum-Fish-Bats/product/59563/-1098984

...I might get one of those to keep in the truck just in case I'm attacked by "marlin".....  ;)  ;)
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Ryan in Maine

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 07:24:04 PM »

Edited version.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 12:17:44 PM »
People who don't know a breed of animal really should not handle them.  Pinky's aggitation was rather subtle, so I can give the dude who got bit a break.  Unlike the idiot reporter in the clip below who was holding a cat that was making its dislike of the situation quite plain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-QI1aZ3P5M

Execpt for the coloration, this could be my oldest when she has to visit the vets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hPxGmTGarM&feature=related

They had to move her to a bottom cage when she was boarded a few years ago since she would attach anybody who just walked past.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 12:28:58 PM »
Why are cats kept as pets, again? They're barely even domesticated... =|
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 01:08:15 PM »
Most kitties are aresome, but there are a few out there that   really need to be put down.
FIFY
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 02:15:37 PM »

Yeah. but that's more than you can say for most people  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 02:45:44 PM »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 03:02:42 PM »
Surprise buttsecks?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 03:06:57 PM »
The caretaker at our range was attacked by a stray housecat recently.  Tore his arm up pretty good and it immediately got infected; he was in the hospital for several days and still has some kind of drip line port in his hand.  He also had to get rabies shots.

I never heard what happened to the cat.  Animal Control got it, and I don't think they used a pitchfork...
"It's good, though..."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 04:06:14 PM »
People who don't know a breed of animal really should not handle them.  Pinky's aggitation was rather subtle, so I can give the dude who got bit a break.  Unlike the idiot reporter in the clip below who was holding a cat that was making its dislike of the situation quite plain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-QI1aZ3P5M

I love that clip, one of my faves. Anyone/anything that makes an MSM reporter cry on live TV is my hero.
I promise not to duck.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 04:40:18 PM »

Were it not for cats, there would be no General Tso's Chicken.

And no fuzzy, warm house slippers.

Yes, I'm serious.  See?  No smiley.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 05:00:54 PM »
vaskidmark, you and Tallpine both make excellent points! :lol:
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011, 06:09:36 PM »
They are cute, awfully cuddly & affectionate when in the mood, and they will kill every rat, mouse and gopher they can get their paws on. Good enough for me =).
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 06:20:36 PM »
Not helping with my diet. I really want some Chinese take-out for dinner now.  :facepalm:
I promise not to duck.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 11:32:32 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAn2UFXSsgw

Justice. 

People think that rabbits are cute and cuddly and couldn't possibly harm a soul....but I know better....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 12:05:29 AM »
Truer words have never been spoken.

Chris

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2011, 12:31:10 AM »
How could you not find this endering PTK?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MqHN-4okZ4&
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2011, 12:49:24 AM »
They are cute, awfully cuddly & affectionate when in the mood, and they will kill every rat, mouse and gopher they can get their paws on. Good enough for me =).

Some of them are mean and don't like to be touched. And I don't have any of those wild animals in my domain, except for a woodchuck named Gary that sometimes visits.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

• friend
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, 01:56:31 AM »
One of our cats was from a litter of feral cats.  He was born in January and was the sole survivor; the rest all died from the cold.  I have no idea how many generations of feral cats are in his family tree.  He's mean!