Author Topic: New Monster Hunter E-Book Available  (Read 1419 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!

• friend
Re: New Monster Hunter E-Book Available
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 01:50:31 AM »
Cool.  I just noticed all of his books are available as e-books.  

I guess I'll have to figure out how to use that Kindle I bought back in Jan.  ???

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 10:06:09 AM »
Cool.  I just noticed all of his books are available as e-books.  

I guess I'll have to figure out how to use that Kindle I bought back in Jan.  ???

To get Larry's books on the Kindle, from Baen, you buy directly from them, connect the Kindle to your PC, download the .MOBI version of the book and copy it to the Kindle which appears just like a disk drive once it's attached.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 02:00:24 PM »
Damnit. I was planning on sleeping before midnight...won't happen now. Curses!
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 03:12:11 PM »
Keep in mind that this is the Advanced Reader Copy.  It's not the final version so there's likely to be mistakes in it.

I read Monster Hunter Vendetta's eARC version, and I got the Grimnoir Chronicles that way too (didn't finish it) and you'll occasionally run into something that makes your brain lock up because it's an error.  Not a huge deal.

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 04:30:25 PM »
Yeah, I know, bought the Hard Magic e-arc. Still a good read. I can overlook the occasional mistake if the rest is good.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

erictank

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 05:23:59 PM »
I prefer to wait for the final versions, myself - sorry, Larry.  Never bought an e-ARC yet, and don't imagine I'll be doing so at any point in the future.  If it were a hardcopy, especially a signed one?  That, I might be willing to buy (almost got a copy of Weber's last Safehold book that way, but it turned out that the buyer who had planned to pass on her copy to me pretty cheap was kind of getting screwed by her seller, so she ended up never getting it in the first place.  No money changed hands, and it wasn't her fault).

But I AM looking forward to getting a finished copy of this in August, and I'm reading Hard Magic right now - liking it quite a lot, actually.  I really like the concept.

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 08:37:46 PM »
Just finished. Awesome.