Author Topic: Iranian aircraft crash caught on new video  (Read 1409 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Iranian aircraft crash caught on new video
« on: June 06, 2011, 02:39:26 AM »
Alternate Title:
"How do you say 'Oh *expletive deleted*it!" in Farsi."

http://www.gadling.com/2011/06/03/iranian-aircraft-crash-caught-on-new-video/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec1_lnk1|68248

2009's crash of an Iranian military aircraft was a terrible loss of life and technology. Emerging this week is a new perspective of the crash, captured from the back of a C130 that happened to be refueling an F-4 Phantom in the area. In the video, you can clearly see the Iranian aircraft spiraling out of control and tumbling down to earth, a haunting image captured purely by accident.

The new footage gives some insight into what the final moments of any plane crash must be like, a dizzying array of motion, confusion and terror. It's enough to make one consider taking a long, quiet break from air travel.

Yowzer. 

I imagine there were many similar crashes during WW2's air battles over Europe. 

For me, there is something horrifying in seeing a large aircraft go down.  Not that the smaller aircraft's pilots are any less significant.  I think that it might be something about the largest airborne war machines still being subject to physics.  The Earth will eventually reclaim them all, we just borrow the building blocks for a while.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Iranian aircraft crash caught on new video
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 04:40:59 AM »
Probably a trick of perspective but it almost looks as if ahd the tanker been a minute or so slower that Iranian plane would have come down on top of it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Lanius

• Excubitor
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 04:59:47 AM »
"How do you say 'Oh *expletive deleted*!" in Farsi."
Hmm... if you want to learn how Iranian expletives sound, get someone to translate you the sentence "you guys look like of these arab sand monkeys to me" into Farsi.

Iranians are indo-european and rather proud...
 They're usually quite vocal in proclaiming they've got nothing to do with these dirty semite monkeys like Arabs or Jews, and that everyone except maybe the Turks and Europeans/Americans is beneath them.

Also, un-apologetic sexism is as common as un-apologetic racism over there.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 08:03:32 AM »
Attention crew: we may experience some turbulence and then explode.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 08:11:53 AM »

I'm pretty sure someone on the video says that. Turn up the volume and listen just after the crash.

What kind of plane was that?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 08:31:19 AM »

Iranians are indo-european and rather proud...

Persian.  Long, long history.

TU-154, according to the text in the video.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 08:34:22 AM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 09:58:26 AM »
Shrug...

Perhaps the policy of writing "Insha'Allah" on the various maintenance checklist forms for the Iranian Air Force will be reconsidered.
I promise not to duck.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 08:35:17 PM »

Many reports claim it was Caspian Airlines Flight 7908, a Russian-built TU154M that crashed 16 minutes after departing Tehran, bound for Armenia, on Wednesday, July 15, 2009.  168 SOB, all were killed in the crash.
There are other claims, including from the BBC, that it was an IL-76MD that went down after a mid-air collision with F-5E Tiger II at an airshow in Tehran on September 22, 2009.  That crash killed all seven crew members on board.  (Other reports claim this crash was caused by an inflight engine fire and structural failure of the over-fuselage radome.)
With all the various parts that have ceased flying in formation with the rest of the airframe, it's kind of hard to tell what it was in the video.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 08:40:22 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 08:37:45 PM »
Many reports claim it was Caspian Airlines Flight 7908, a Russian-built TU154M that crashed 16 minutes after departing Tehran, bound for Armenia, on Wednesday, July 15, 2009.  168 SOB, all were killed in the crash.
There are other claims, including from the BBC, that it was an IL-76MD that went down after a mid-air collision with F-5E Tiger II at an airshow in Tehran on September 22, 2009.  That crash killed all seven crew members on board.

With all the various parts that have ceased flying in formation with the rest of the airframe, it's kind of hard to tell what it was in the video.

Iran has so many air crashes that no one knows which crash this particular one is? ???
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 08:41:53 PM »
Iran has so many air crashes that no one knows which crash this particular one is? ???

And as my last edit indicates, they can't even get the gross details correct as to the cause of some crashes.  See the part in parens that I just added.
They've had a boatload of crashes in recent years.  For the most part they fly larger Russian-built transports and civil aircraft. Maintenance is very poor, and spare parts are hard to come by due to embargoes.  You can guess the rest.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.