Author Topic: South Korean trrops shoot at plane  (Read 779 times)

griz

• friend
South Korean trrops shoot at plane
« on: June 18, 2011, 10:06:14 AM »
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2011/06/18/S-Korea-fires-at-jetliner-by-mistake/UPI-97181308376777/

Some troops saw a plane that, for some reason they thought was a North Korean plane, and shot about 100 rounds at it with rifles, apparently out of effective range.  It was a passenger plane landing at an airport.

Seems strange to me on several levels.  Wouldn't they know it was out of range?  Wouldn't they be aware of the fact that passenger planes land at the airport that they knew was there?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: South Korean trrops shoot at plane
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 10:09:01 AM »
Every country has a Cleetus and Bocefus......
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 10:13:09 AM »
!!! PYLE !!!
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 12:44:53 PM »

When the plane, which the guards said they had never seen before, was approaching

If'n I lived in ROK and saw a plane I had never seen before approaching from China/generally the north, I'd consider opening fire on it too.

Living in ROK is sort of like living in Israel except there are supposed to be millions of PDRK troops all armed and with tanks, who might or might not have nukyouleer bombs behind them, about like across the street.  And them PDRK guys know you have food and TV and stuff that they have not had for a long time.  Makes you sort of paranoid, plus all that indoctrination and propoganda and stuff you get fed about how dangerous and nasty, mean and evil the PDRK folks is.

And besides, even if the ROK Marines were out of range shooting at the plane will wake up somebody who might know what's really going on so you do not actually acidentally start WWIII1/2.

The motto of Marines, no matter what country they are in:  When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight.  Semper Fi!

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 12:54:30 PM »
Some troops saw a plane that, for some reason they thought was a North Korean plane, and shot about 100 rounds at it with rifles, apparently out of effective range.

Out of effective range.... hmmm.

Assuming "out of effective range" is still a shot within a hope and a prayer's chance of making it to the target, and not more than 1000 yards...

Quick:  your BSZ is set to 300 yards.  Somebody know off the top of their head what the lead and holdover should be on an aircraft 1000 yards away, moving at 300mph? =D

Time's up!  It's already landed.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!