Author Topic: A summary and editorial of the "Gunwalker Scandal"  (Read 3797 times)

drewtam

• friend
A summary and editorial of the "Gunwalker Scandal"
« on: June 21, 2011, 08:31:25 AM »
http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/gunwalker-from-obamas-inauguration-to-issas-report/?singlepage=true

This article and editorial, lays out the details of the gunwalker scandal from Obama's inauguration in 2008. Informative summary for those who have not kept up with the details.

It misses a few of the most awful parts, such as the pleading and warning by gun shops to stop this program. Or the ATF officials who said the same thing to their leaders.

This article does a good job of tying this scandal to Obama's political agenda. And this may be the most potent item of all. Were thousands of guns given to narco-gangs just to prop up a political position?
Were Mexican allies and citizens and officers on the US border put in danger or killed just to provide legitimacy to gun control advocates?
Such action is unacceptable. The article concludes,
Under Article III, Section 3 of the Constitution, any person who levies war against the United States or adheres to its enemies by giving them aid and comfort is guilty of the act of treason. Gunwalker supplied narco-terrorists on our southern border with thousands of firearms.

Less dramatic, but more damning, is the fact that those that authorized this operation betrayed our ally Mexico, and are arguably accessories to more than 150 shootings of Mexican law enforcement officers and soldiers.

The Constitution puts no one above the law. If Melson, Napolitano, Holder, Obama and their staffs were complicit in a plot to arm narco-terrorists that led to hundreds dead and wounded, they must face justice.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

MechAg94

• friend
Re: A summary and editorial of the "Gunwalker Scandal"
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 11:35:07 AM »
I didn't listen to the entire thing, but I caught a brief moment of Rush talking about this in his first 1/2 hour and playing clips and such on it.  It was nice to hear it mentioned.  I notice lately I am starting to see it mentioned all over.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 11:48:45 AM »
I think a good Treason trial and conviction is just what this country our politicians need (to scare the bejeezus out of them and put them back in their place).

Except... such a trial would be officiated by the Senate, which is populated with... [drumroll] politicians. [/drumroll]
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 11:52:00 AM »
Turn AG Holder over to some Mexican bordertown police chief or sheriff and let them prosecute him under Mexican laws.  That would put the fear of God back into some politicians -- at least for a day or two.
"It's good, though..."

Ryan in Maine

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 12:11:27 AM »
So which side of the War on Drugs are they on now?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 04:49:59 AM »
It would be fitting for this to turn out to be Obama's Watergate.
Sad thing is I really think this will go exactly nowhere and will more or less be swept under the rug.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 10:31:09 AM »
I'm sure that the larger intent was to use Mexican border crime as a stepping stone to try and make gun control politically viable again.

The fact that Gunwalker got exposed at all and denied them this false-flag tool to use against us and RKBA is probably the best we could have hoped for.
I promise not to duck.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 10:52:28 AM »
It could plausibly become the gravamen of an impeachment trial, but more likely it will wake up more Americans to what has gone so, so wrong in America, no small thing.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 11:19:52 AM »
It could plausibly become the gravamen of an impeachment trial, but more likely it will wake up more Americans to what has gone so, so wrong in America, no small thing.
It's unlikely they'll impeach The Bamster no matter *what* he does (to do so would be racist.)  But they could impeach Holder pretty easily and drag O thru the mud along with him.
"It's good, though..."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 11:32:02 AM »
Holder may resign; he isn't going to be impeached.  No majority of Congress is going to indict and convict a black man of high station with elections coming up.  These are creatures every bit as political as Pres. Obama, with his remarkable timing of publicly announced troop re-deployments.  It is all a dumbshow.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 06:07:54 PM »
Looks like one of the main whistleblowers just got his walking papers. I've only seen this one story so far, but from what's written, I would hate to see this guy go. Between Gunrunner and how he in the past apparently also got in trouble for stopping an illegal wiretap, he's exactly the kind of guy who should be wearing a badge.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/27/atf-to-fire-gunrunner-whistleblower/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 07:05:52 PM »
Rumor has it next week Issa will probe what did DoJ know and when did it know it.  All this is pointed at Holder who knows he's headed for the underside of a Greyhound.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 07:09:16 PM by Waitone »
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 11:10:06 PM »
If Holder resigns maybe he could hook up with Anthony Weiner and make a run for the Oval office in the VP slot.
I can just see the bumper stickers
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 11:18:22 PM »
I think Claire Wolfe's watch needs winding. >:D
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!