Author Topic: Boy do I feel sorry for you people...  (Read 1183 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Boy do I feel sorry for you people...
« on: June 26, 2011, 06:29:22 PM »
because I had a turkey breast in the smoker from 10 am till 5:30 today and when it was time to eat it none of you were here. You would think 7.5 hours at 220 would dry the thing out but there was very little liquid in the bottom of the pan, it was all still in the meat. Yummmm.  =D

Hasty Bake charcoal btw, best there is.  They'll ship it to you. ;)
Avoid cliches like the plague!

coppertales

• friend
Re: Boy do I feel sorry for you people...
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 10:03:42 PM »
You are late......I did one two weeks ago.........................................................chris3

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 10:53:12 PM »
I had salmon cakes and steamer clams with my daughter for dinner this evening.  :P
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 09:54:39 AM »
Saturday afternoon, my in-law's; barbecued chicken, homemade Caesar salad, sour cream mashed potatoes, and peas stir-fried with bacon. Lettuce and peas were picked minutes prior. Nothing like fresh produce.
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 11:38:06 AM »
Smoked a turkey back at Christmas time.

No time for that right now.  Going to be crossing the big pond here in about 4-5 days.  Going to Kuwait not Afghanistan though.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

280plus

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 02:09:17 PM »
So we're talking , "Hurry up and Kuwait?"  =D

Just tell me where to send the,,,you know...  ;)

leftovers today for lunch, still good. Steamers sound good too. Actually, it ALL sounds good. Nothing like a good food thread!  :lol:

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 02:13:03 PM »
Yep just as to be expected.  Of course the RUMINT running around is fun to listen to.  Newest one I just heard puts us leaving pushed out another two weeks.  If that happens I wish they would just pack us up and send us home.  Going to be a long deployment as it is if we do what it is they say we are going to do.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

280plus

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 03:33:43 PM »
I miss the RUMINT... sort of  :P

I remember some O-3 backed our boat into a big steel thingie and ripped about 800 lbs of brass off our port screw. RUMINT had it we were NOT leaving on WESPAC cruise because of it. We left on time anyways.  ;)