Author Topic: Financial gambit 2012  (Read 986 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Financial gambit 2012
« on: June 28, 2011, 04:46:51 PM »
Been thinking about budget deficits, 14 trillion dollar debts, cabbages and kings.

Election 2012 is bearing down upon us.

In the red trunks, we have the conservatives.  They say they want to whack Obamacare and balance the budget by eliminating components of the Nannystate.

In the blue thong, we have the liberals.  They say that their best Phd grad papers suggest that the money is there, because Daddums or Gram-Gram didn't have any trouble borrowing the money for that Brown degree.

The environmental variable?  The 14 trillion debt, and Obamacare's effect upon it.

That $14 trillion is a projected debt, not a real one.  Though it is debt that Congress has approved into the future.

What if SCOTUS comes out, in 2011, and whacks Obamacare?  Obama and the Senate Dems can then come forward and say, sure enough, they cut annual spending by $750 billion over the next 8 years for a total debt elimination of nearly $6 trillion dollars off that projected debt.  Or some such similar game with numbers.

This then makes Obama look like a fiscal hawk to the unwashed stoopid masses, despite his explosive defeat on Obamacare.

Sad to say... it's in our best interests to have Obamacare be an 11th hour issue into late 2012 (past that particular Tuesday in November) or early 2013.  A winter SCOTUS ruling, or a lame duck Congress action.  It would be disastrous to have Obamacare struck down, to only allow Obama ride the TEA party's own coat-tails back into 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue for another 4 years.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Financial gambit 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 08:45:03 AM »
What if SCOTUS comes out, in 2011, and whacks Obamacare?  Obama and the Senate Dems can then come forward and say, sure enough, they cut annual spending by $750 billion over the next 8 years for a total debt elimination of nearly $6 trillion dollars off that projected debt.  Or some such similar game with numbers.

This then makes Obama look like a fiscal hawk to the unwashed stoopid masses, despite his explosive defeat on Obamacare.

For as little faith as I have in the voting public, I don't think they are stupid enough to fall for Obama pointing to Obamacare's defeat at the Supreme Court as an example of one of his accomplishments.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

longeyes

• friend
Re: Financial gambit 2012
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 11:31:41 AM »
Wargaming different scenarios is fun, but maybe we just need to realize we are war and proceed accordingly, without worrying overmuch about possible ramifications.  We need to go after everything that is threatening out basic freedoms and survival with gusto, now, full-out.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.