Author Topic: where is tom selleck when you need him!  (Read 7027 times)

geronimotwo

• friend
where is tom selleck when you need him!
« on: July 12, 2011, 08:02:12 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/arizona-senators-handling-her-gun-draws-fire-013945866.html

this senator needs to take an eddie eagle course.  senator lori klien of arizona, for some reason, felt the need to remove her gun from her purse and show off the laser by aiming it at a reporter in the senate lounge. 

unfreaking believable!
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: where is tom selleck when you need him!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 08:33:04 AM »
It always amazes me to see "knowledgable" people exercise extremely poor gun handling skills.  i remember seeing a senio detetive with SWAT experience twirling his loaded PPK/S in the prosecutor's office, and upon seeing my expression, indicate that it was okay because the safety was on.  And, while I admit that I do enjoy fondling my beloved firearms on occassion just for the pleasure of it, there is a right way and a wrong way...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 09:52:47 AM »
This is why we can't have nice things!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 10:19:35 AM »
It always amazes me to see "knowledgable" people exercise extremely poor gun handling skills.  i remember seeing a senio detetive with SWAT experience twirling his loaded PPK/S in the prosecutor's office, and upon seeing my expression, indicate that it was okay because the safety was on.  And, while I admit that I do enjoy fondling my beloved firearms on occassion just for the pleasure of it, there is a right way and a wrong way...

Somebody ought to take away his ceramic plates and kevlar underoos.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 10:36:47 AM »
This is why we can't have nice things!

QFT. Because the other 30 senators that kept their concealed weapons concealed are not going to get any media time.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 10:49:13 AM »
What's the problem?.....it's not like she pointed it at an actual person.....it was just a MSM drone....next thing you know, y'all will start believing everything they say.....  :facepalm:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 11:40:23 AM »
so the order of intelligence goes from humans - dogs- cats- rodents- reporters- shellfish?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 11:46:26 AM »
so the order of intelligence goes from humans - dogs- cats- rodents- reporters- shellfish?

Then senators.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 11:49:59 AM »
:facepalm:  Shellfish are m ore useful than reporters .....  >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 11:56:25 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/arizona-senators-handling-her-gun-draws-fire-013945866.html

this senator needs to take an eddie eagle course.  senator lori klien of arizona, for some reason, felt the need to remove her gun from her purse and show off the laser by aiming it at a reporter in the senate lounge. 

unfreaking believable!

So, who do we think is lying? THe reporter or the politician?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 12:11:59 PM »

I'm leaning toward the story that the senator had the gun out showing the CT, and the reporter stepped/sat in front of it. That doesn't mean she wasn't in the wrong. That's the wrong place to be playing show and tell.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 12:40:06 PM »

....you're always asking the tough questions......  =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 09:14:43 PM »
so the order of intelligence goes from humans - dogs- cats- rodents- reporters - shellfish?

Nope. More like: humans - dogs- cats - dogs - rodents- reporters - shellfish - amoebae - reporters
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

seeker_two

• friend

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 06:50:53 PM »
.....and now, for something completely different.....

http://www.newbieshooter.com/2011/07/sen-klein-off-to-gun-school/

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 09:01:08 PM »
following seekertwo's link, i found the audio transcript and recording of the interview.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/election/azelections/articles/2011/07/11/20110711arizona-lori-klein-transcript-on.html

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 09:56:26 PM »
Need to send her to the Dick Cheney Remedial Gun Safety Clinic.  Reporters are only secondary/collateral damage where there are lawyers present.

Priorities, dammit!

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 10:26:19 PM »
Need to send her to the Dick Cheney Remedial Gun Safety Clinic.  Reporters are only secondary/collateral damage where there are lawyers present.

Priorities, dammit!

That's true....didn't Shakespeare say to shoot all the lawyers first?.....

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 11:48:48 PM »
That's true....didn't Shakespeare say to shoot all the lawyers first?.....

I think the correct quote is - "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"
Always sound advice in trying times.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

erictank

• friends
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 05:22:22 AM »
I think the correct quote is - "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"
Always sound advice in trying times.

FTFY.  =D

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 07:31:55 AM »
http://www.azcentral.com/news/election/azelections/articles/2011/07/11/20110711arizona-legislator-klein-denies-pointing-gun-at-reporter-statement.html

:facepalm:  She still hasn't learned anything about reporters. That statement just begs for the media to take the second half and run with it, making it appear that she did something wrong. (And I think she probably did.)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Where is the "Shift" key when you need it?
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 05:43:50 PM »
 ;)
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 08:36:28 PM »
senator lori klien of arizona, for some reason, felt the need to remove her gun from her purse and show off the laser by aiming it at a reporter in the senate lounge.  

You're right.  This is an outrage.  Did she forget to load it?  I'll send her a box of any ammo she'd like.  Friggin' laser on those LCPs won't even put out a reporter's eye.  

On a happier note, she's on her way to a training class.  I'll try to find her website to kick her a few bucks as a form of appreciation.  

Edit:
http://kleinforsenate.net/contribute_paypal.html

I kicked her a ten spot. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:40:08 PM by RevDisk »
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.