Author Topic: Glorious Mission, Red Army vidoe game attacking USA Troops  (Read 4275 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Glorious Mission, Red Army vidoe game attacking USA Troops
« on: July 13, 2011, 01:02:49 AM »
I have no idea if this is old news as the reporter mentions the new Red Dawn movie that the Chinese have stopped from getting released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-YVaVqwXbM&feature=share
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Glorious Mission, Red Army vidoe game attacking USA Troops
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 01:41:48 AM »
This shouldn't surprising. Several countries' markets have featured video games where you fight against Americans as evil antagonists. Russia has "Peace Enforcement" which is an RTS where you fight NATO forces as a Russian commander, and "Marauder", which is an FPS set in a postapocalyptic dystopia in which Russia is occupied by American forces.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 03:08:04 AM »
This shouldn't surprising. Several countries' markets have featured video games where you fight against Americans as evil antagonists. Russia has "Peace Enforcement" which is an RTS where you fight NATO forces as a Russian commander, and "Marauder", which is an FPS set in a postapocalyptic dystopia in which Russia is occupied by American forces.

Operation Flashpoint- Red Hammer was an expansion pack added to OFP where you were a Russian Spetsnaz soldier in a campaign that at first roughly mirrored a lot of the main game's campaign.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 06:43:26 AM »
We have games where we fight the armies of other nations.  This is hardly news.

Chris

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 07:28:39 AM »

Chris

it certainly isn't a panty buncher for me.  nationalism is as understandable for a 12 yo russian as it is for my kids.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 08:10:22 AM »
Heck, I'd LOVE to play a game full of evil Americans for a change.
We're always the heroes!
Give us a break!
Think about those actors who always play good guys or friendly comedic roles, and when they're finally a villain they're AMAZING.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 08:25:45 AM »

Back when the premier FPS video game was DOOM and the festivities at Waco were still fresh in everyone's mind, there was a DOOM mod pack called "DISGRUNT" that let the hero take on Janet Reno's rogue BATmen. And there was another DOOM mod that had Slick Willie's disembodied head floating around and spitting out not deadly fireballs, but text that spelled TAX AND SPEND . . . you didn't want to let yourself get hit by that!  :O
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 10:28:33 AM »
To be fair, post WWII, I have to admit that the world has had much higher odds of having the Americans in their back yard than anyone else.

I promise not to duck.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 11:18:21 AM »

Agreed....if we do it to them, why can't they do it to us?.....

I wouldn't mind playing a video game where, as an American soldier, you can deal with the "terrorism" problem in the Middle East with no moral restraint.....up to and including nukes....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 11:31:33 AM »
I have no idea if this is old news as the reporter mentions the new Red Dawn movie that the Chinese have stopped from getting released.

Say again?

Chicoms stopped a US movie from getting released?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 12:03:55 PM »
Say again?

Word is, they didn't like the idea of Red China being the enemy, and applied some economic pressure to the studio or distributor or something . . . so in post-production they changed the invaders from Chicoms to North Koreans. (As if NK is a plausible invader without massive Chicom backing.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 12:28:34 PM »
Word is, they didn't like the idea of Red China being the enemy, and applied some economic pressure to the studio or distributor or something . . . so in post-production they changed the invaders from Chicoms to North Koreans. (As if NK is a plausible invader without massive Chicom backing.)

Wow.

We beat the USSR by having brass bawlz.

We're not behaving the same, now. :'(  At all.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 12:50:51 PM »
To be fair, post WWII, I have to admit that the world has had much higher odds of having the Americans in their back yard than anyone else.

Not counting Iran, Afghanistan, Angola, Somalia, Austria, Germany, and over 40 Soviet military/paramilitary invasions in Africa alone? Yes.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 01:53:13 PM »
Say again?

yup, pretty sad state of affairs.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 01:57:31 PM »

The movie mainly just died due to the economic downturn in '08. Any PC'ing of it all over China was secondary at best.
I promise not to duck.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 02:04:13 PM »
The movie mainly just died due to the economic downturn in '08. Any PC'ing of it all over China was secondary at best.

That's what they want you to believe!

HankB

• friend

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 03:05:21 PM »

You've been reading too much InfoWars (defined here as "Any amount of InfoWars").
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 04:15:03 PM »
I wonder if the unedited version will be leaked on-line?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 06:57:08 PM »
You've been reading too much InfoWars (defined here as "Any amount of InfoWars").

While I certainly agree, infowarsprisonplanet/alexjonestown types are idjits, I was following this a great deal in 2010 because it was due to be released & looking forward to getting some of the swag, you know shirts and mugs or a poster, it was all Red Chinese looking stuff, if they really did change it to NK, I'll still go see the movie but still, that sucks

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 07:13:05 PM »
A Red Dawn review . . .

http://www.libertasfilmmagazine.com/exclusive-libertas-sees-the-uncensored-version-of-mgms-new-red-dawn/

awesome review, no infowars nonsense!

Darn that stinks that they've gutted the movie!!!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 07:24:32 PM »
....if they really did change it to NK, I'll still go see the movie but still, that sucks

Not me.....it'll never get a dollar from me.....and, to this day, I still won't watch SUM OF ALL FEARS......  [barf]
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 07:34:24 PM »
Not me.....it'll never get a dollar from me.....and, to this day, I still won't watch SUM OF ALL FEARS......  [barf]

At least they picked a real substitute enemy that actually does hate us pretty badly..

I agree that it's lame, but not nearly as bad as "Sum Of All Fears" where they had to go and blame it on made-up domestic right-wing/neo-nazis in lieu of Islamic terrorists.  ;/
I promise not to duck.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2011, 08:48:05 PM »

this must be really old news. wasn't "red dawn" that 80's movie where the russians air lifted into heartland america, and a group of boy scouts had to repell them?  (damn, why am i the only one that remembers the eighties!)

here ya go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_I4WgBfETc

make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2011, 11:24:46 PM »
this must be really old news. wasn't "red dawn" that 80's movie where the russians air lifted into heartland america, and a group of boy scouts had to repell them?  (damn, why am i the only one that remembers the eighties!)
here ya go   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_I4WgBfETc

Yes, a cult classic.   They were aided by Cubans and a few other communist armies IIRC.  

WOLVERINES!  

:angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero