Author Topic: Out of control cop threatens Ohio CCWL  (Read 22486 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Re: Out of control cop threatens Ohio CCWL
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2011, 07:35:34 PM »
I like how the cops in that forum totally gloss over officer friendly yelling at the woman and threatening to put lumps on her before the problem with the CCW carrier started.  In my, admittedly not a cop, AAR there is nothing positive to say about that encounter at any point in the video on the part of the cops.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2011, 11:41:03 PM »
Yes, but after that other officers corrected that statement. I think most of the posts reflect well on them.

I disagree.

FAR too many "We have to look out for each other" statements for my taste. Far too many who seem willing to give him a pass because he might have been having an off night.

Sheesh, Officers. The bloody idjit threatened to KILL a citizen. That there is against the law, Mates.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2011, 01:06:26 AM »
Sheesh, Officers. The bloody idjit threatened to KILL a citizen.

And not casually, either. When you repeat the threat, and use words like "execute"...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2011, 01:10:05 PM »
I disagree.

FAR too many "We have to look out for each other" statements for my taste. Far too many who seem willing to give him a pass because he might have been having an off night.

Sheesh, Officers. The bloody idjit threatened to KILL a citizen. That there is against the law, Mates.

Hey, can't YOU make death threats at YOUR work when your Old Lady is on the rag or Junior persists in eating chalk?

And expect your co-workers to cover it up and lie for you after the fact.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2011, 01:19:04 PM »
Hey, can't YOU make death threats at YOUR work when your Old Lady is on the rag or Junior persists in eating chalk?

Of course I couldn't. That's not approved behavior. Afterwards, I'd get a stern talking to, several days paid time off, and a promise for more training afterwards....
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2011, 03:34:10 PM »

work as a chef  if you're any good you can
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2011, 07:22:48 PM »

work as a chef  if you're any good you can

Oh, I bet they can get away with verbal abuse, but I was thinking more along the lines of, "Can also follow through and likely get away with it."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2011, 07:50:31 PM »
does throwing a 10 inch chefs knife and sticking it in the wall count?
one place i worked the day sos did 15 at lorton for manslaughter before getting hired.  the exec sous killed 3 guys that we know of  all 3 legit when taken individually in toto they got him asked to leave one country.  we had a restarant shef throw his sous across the room he went and got a cop had him locked up but the hotel made him a deal and he dropped charges
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2011, 08:13:19 PM »
does throwing a 10 inch chefs knife and sticking it in the wall count?
one place i worked the day sos did 15 at lorton for manslaughter before getting hired.  the exec sous killed 3 guys that we know of  all 3 legit when taken individually in toto they got him asked to leave one country.  we had a restarant shef throw his sous across the room he went and got a cop had him locked up but the hotel made him a deal and he dropped charges

Very limited experience in the kitchens, and a long time ago at that.  But this was pretty much typical.  Flying knives and pots/pans were pretty much mere indicators of temporary displeasure over someone's lack of or poor performance at a task they had previously shown competence if not actual brilliance in executing.

On the other hand, this all takes place behind (pretty much) closed doors where the dining floor does not get to see what is happening and hear every word uttered, let alone play it over and over again on YouTube.  And if the house can hold together a decent crew, get product out with minimum waste, and finish the day with a profit in the till and customers promising to come back there are not going to be many repercussions over "family squabbles".  OTOH, cops do all of their work in public and on camera.  There must be a reason why.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2011, 02:40:55 AM »
Flying knives and pots/pans were pretty much mere indicators of temporary displeasure over someone's lack of or poor performance at a task they had previously shown competence if not actual brilliance in executing.

IME, it's also commonly used to keep anyone from getting a word in edgewise to let the chef know that his carefully prepared recipe still tastes like crap.  That's why the portions are so damn small; nobody can choke down any more of it while pretending they like it.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2011, 07:05:18 AM »
If the sous chefs would stop picking up hookers....there'd be no need for flying knives....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2011, 08:29:52 AM »
If the sous chefs would stop picking up hookers....there'd be no need for flying knives....

The snark is heavy with this one.

(NICE line, JJ!)

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

• friends
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2011, 10:54:45 AM »

heck the extra money for the entertainment fund was the only good reason to be sous, that and the waitresses

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2013, 10:58:02 AM »
Remember officer friendly?

http://www.cantonrep.com/article/20131105/NEWS/131109669/1001/NEWS?rssfeed=true#ixzz2jp1Lrs3Q

He is cut loose from the PD with a $40,000 check, a neutral employment recommendation, and retired LE credentials.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2013, 11:04:03 AM »
Remember officer friendly?

http://www.cantonrep.com/article/20131105/NEWS/131109669/1001/NEWS?rssfeed=true#ixzz2jp1Lrs3Q

He is cut loose from the PD with a $40,000 check, a neutral employment recommendation, and retired LE credentials.

cordex will be along soon to tell us what a horrible punishment this is and how the system "worked"
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2013, 12:51:42 PM »
an arbitrator ruled the city did not have sufficient grounds to fire Harless and that he should be reinstated if cleared by medical professionals.
   :facepalm:

make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2013, 01:09:40 PM »
And yet another killdozer inspiring event.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2013, 01:11:26 PM »
cordex will be along soon to tell us what a horrible punishment this is and how the system "worked"

I thought it was C&SD that would explain that it would have been a good shoot had Officer Friendly followed through with his threat(s).  (Apparently he also previously threatened to shoot two other CCW holders.)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2013, 01:13:35 PM »
Hey now, I think cordex is severely wrong on cops and all but he's never fully descended to the CSD "bitch had it coming" depths of character assassination and etc.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2013, 03:29:11 PM »
Um, no ...

There's a considerable difference between being able to see another side to things and offering mindless support or opposition, friend.  Here on APS there is a pretty strong anti-cop bias and presumption of police guilt based entirely on media reports that in other circumstances we wouldn't trust to get the name of the state right, much less the details of a situation.  In some cases (like this one) those cops are guilty as sin.  In others, they aren't and we're hearing a pack of lies ginned up by a defense lawyer and their pet journalist.  In all cases there's more to the story than we're hearing.

That said, this guy was by all appearances an unstable lunatic who liked to threaten violence - and may well have been capable of it, and his coworkers wrongfully covered for him in the past.  He certainly didn't deserve a deal as favorable as he got.

I thought it was C&SD that would explain that it would have been a good shoot had Officer Friendly followed through with his threat(s).  (Apparently he also previously threatened to shoot two other CCW holders.)
I'm not sure that the previous two events involved CCW holders, but yeah, it wasn't his first rodeo.  I'm sure Tallpine meant me, though.  When I was a youth I was every bit as anti-LEO as the majority here on APS, but as I've gotten a little more experience with actual police I've sort of grown out of some of that mindless reactionism and learned a little bit about the other side of the story.  For some members, anything short of universal condemnation of cops is equivalent to uncritical support of police, which kind of goes to show you how skewed their view is.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2013, 04:10:51 PM »
 ;/

Maybe someday you can outgrow the petty condescension and world weary disdain for those too ignorant and hateful to agree with you.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2013, 04:12:11 PM »
Here on APS there is a pretty strong anti-cop bias and presumption of police guilt based entirely on media reports that in other circumstances we wouldn't trust to get the name of the state right, much less the details of a situation.

Re-stated for truth.  I feel bad for APS members who are either LEOs or former LEOs.  I doubt LawDog would dare to venture here, even when invited...
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2013, 04:26:32 PM »
Great article that just happened across today. Apt.

And I believe it's 100% accurate. There is a reason for the distrust of cops. And cops should look in the mirror for who to blame.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2013, 04:31:04 PM »
I'm not sure that the previous two events involved CCW holders, but yeah, it wasn't his first rodeo.  I'm sure Tallpine meant me, though.  When I was a youth I was every bit as anti-LEO as the majority here on APS, but as I've gotten a little more experience with actual police I've sort of grown out of some of that mindless reactionism and learned a little bit about the other side of the story.  For some members, anything short of universal condemnation of cops is equivalent to uncritical support of police, which kind of goes to show you how skewed their view is.

Credit should always be given where it is due. Good or bad.

My local cops? Nothing but respect. They went to bat over some yahoo trying to and failing to steal my car stereo. They could have shrugged and given me a report number for insurance. I've had plenty of good, if often humorous, interaction with federal law enforcement. Mostly positive there as well. But I also believe certain occupations should be held to a higher standard. Any occupations where a person can use lethal force on behalf of government authority deserves scrutiny.

Now, I'm the first to admit, folks often nitpick where they don't need to. Off color or gallow humor is a necessary stress reliever. Had CNN or al Jazerra had a recording of some of the harmless antics I or others have pulled, I'd probably be swinging from a rope because too many folks don't have a sense of humor. If no non-govt person is intentionally hurt or deprived of their civil rights, there SHOULD be more wiggle room. Everyone does deserve the benefit of a doubt, and due process. But no one should be above the law, and never blatantly above the law.

Even if this guy didn't break the law by threatening to injure or kill folks, which he clearly did, he's clearly unfit for duty for psychological reasons. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

• friends
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2013, 07:09:50 PM »
;/

Maybe someday you can outgrow the petty condescension and world weary disdain for those too ignorant and hateful to agree with you.
Recognizing it is the first step . Good for you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD