Author Topic: Manpurse Pt2  (Read 16415 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Manpurse Pt2
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 10:34:52 AM »

Been carrying this rig for several years now. I also rig it for Open Carry using a Velcro strip.

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2011, 03:08:44 AM »
Here I am being good and not making all the obnoxious comments I'd like to make.

Putting the halo back on now...
I found a local guy and drew up a sketch of what I want: something that doesn't look like a fanny pack, will work with those things in my wardrobe that are too form-fitting to allow for CC, isn't ugly, will hold what I need it to hold, and still fit against my hip (4:00 but w/option for shoulder strap carry) w/out looking like I'm carrying an extra person on my frame. We're still working on the design but it's looking good so far. Consider finding someone who works with canvas (think boat bimini or sail guy) and go talk to him - you'll get exactly what you want and it will likely be affordable.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2011, 10:20:19 AM »
Here I am being good and not making all the obnoxious comments I'd like to make.

Why hold back? Be one of us.  :lol:

My new man purse in action on the job. Had to make an island run yesterday, so got to try the double duty EDC/work stuff aspect. I like it better than a rucksack.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2011, 04:09:04 PM »
That's pretty cool Ben. To big for me to carry all day, but would work for boat gear, camera pack for field shooting (if I could set it down from time to time), and maybe even small range bag. I love multi-purpose things!
What island were you running to? What kind of boat?

As to the obnoxious comments, mostly related to a bunch of men sitting around discussing the benefits of various purses (or murses, as BryanP said). Next time I'll just throw them out there...
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011, 04:17:20 PM »
I normaly ride a wheelchair and can't reach my waist easily. What's y'alls excuse?

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2011, 04:39:31 PM »
I normaly ride a wheelchair and can't reach my waist easily. What's y'alls excuse?

I can't carry a change of clothes in my pockets. ;)

My "murse" isn't everyday carry. I prefer the diaper bag to a backpack because I sweat. A LOT. The bag on my hip doesn't create a huge wet spot on my back.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2011, 05:19:35 PM »

Been carrying this rig for several years now. I also rig it for Open Carry using a Velcro strip.

I normaly ride a wheelchair and can't reach my waist easily.

Yeah, I noticed you were standing.

Is that a pistol specific pocket, or a fortuitous accident?  Which is to say, what is that you're using?

I'm not much into the man purse thing.  I have a smallish Targus laptop backpack, that goes pretty much everwhere.  The things I like to have close at hand would probably overwhelm a Maxpedition hip pack type thing.  Sometimes it even has a laptop in it.   =).  Perhaps I need to prune.

Is that a P11?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2011, 05:23:35 PM »
It is a P11 and the bag is designed for CC. I CAN stand and walk but only for short times/distances before I am in extreme pain due to several bad disks that are impinging on the nerves in my back. The ONLY relief I get is in a recliner. Lets put it this way, I was sitting in a club at a fund raiser for a friend last night and after 4 hours sitting in a wheelchair drinking coke I had to go home because I couldn't stand the pain any more. That included taking all the meds I am allowed to take to help with the pain. Obviously I wasn't carrying.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 05:27:35 PM by HeroHog »
MOLON LABE!

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2011, 01:08:04 AM »
lapolice has a 10% code, they do 25% if you ain't in a hurry. ;)
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/lapolicegear.com

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2011, 09:03:53 AM »

Your shoes don't match it......

=D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2011, 09:15:13 AM »

That rig just cries out for motorization, I'm thinking one of the newer smallish 4-stroke jobs.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2011, 10:07:19 AM »

=D
Know where I can find Black moccasins?
MOLON LABE!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2011, 10:09:15 AM »
Know where I can find Black moccasins?

Here.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2011, 10:19:41 AM »
MOLON LABE!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2011, 10:23:05 AM »
What's the secret code?

I'm not sure. I think it comes with any other purchase. You should email the owner of the site to find out.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2011, 10:41:11 AM »
I'm not sure. I think it comes with any other purchase. You should email the owner of the site to find out.

Wait, moccasins come free with any purchase? The story I heard was that if you purchase a pair of moccasins,  he'll throw in a free Crimson Trace. If it's the former, man what a cheapskate business owner. No wonder Google doesn't like him anymore.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2011, 11:31:56 AM »
theres also a free code etched on the inside of every acog
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2011, 12:11:21 PM »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2011, 01:43:12 AM »
 =D

I'm starting to wonder about you seeker.

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »
I'm starting to wonder about you seeker.

Why should you be any different?.....  ;)
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2011, 03:33:31 PM »
I recently ordered a UTG messenger bag and my wife mocked me for getting a 'murse.' It came in last night, and I love it.

The zippers aren't the smoothest, but after making some cobra knotted paracord pulls, they work really well.

A friend of mine (Rick Finsta on this board and many others) has the maxpedition fatboy, which is slightly smaller but has more interior pockets but othherwise very similar. I'd figure for $29, I'd give the UTG a try, and so fary I'm really happy with it.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2011, 03:46:35 PM »
Why hold back? Be one of us.  :lol:

My new man purse in action on the job. Had to make an island run yesterday, so got to try the double duty EDC/work stuff aspect. I like it better than a rucksack.

I bought my wife one of those for Christmas a couple of years ago to take on hunting trips.  She loves it. 

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2011, 08:17:51 PM »
Two pages and 768 thread views.

You boys talk about purses more than any women I know.

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2011, 08:43:33 PM »
You boys talk about purses more than any women I know.

You talk about purses less than any women I know....  =D

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2011, 09:47:27 PM »
I recently ordered a UTG messenger bag and my wife mocked me for getting a 'murse.' It came in last night, and I love it.

A friend of mine (Rick Finsta on this board and many others) has the maxpedition fatboy, which is slightly smaller but has more interior pockets but othherwise very similar. I'd figure for $29, I'd give the UTG a try, and so fary I'm really happy with it.

Let me know how it holds up.  A guy on Illinoiscarry is looking to unload one for (sort of) cheap.  I hadn't even heard of it until I saw his ad.  Feedback on Amazon is not uniformly good.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.