Author Topic: Manpurse Pt2  (Read 16416 times)

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
Re: Manpurse Pt2
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2011, 01:00:04 AM »
You talk about purses less than any women I know....  =D

You say that like it's a bad thing. Wanna compare purses seeker? Do ya'? Huh?
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2011, 06:22:48 AM »
You say that like it's a bad thing. Wanna compare purses seeker? Do ya'? Huh?

Never been a purse guy myself....but, if you want to compare cell phone belt pouches, game on....  =D

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=MOLLE-340

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2011, 08:36:28 AM »
Very mall-ninja don't ya' think?
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

brimic

• friends
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2011, 09:42:39 AM »
Let me know how it holds up.  A guy on Illinoiscarry is looking to unload one for (sort of) cheap.  I hadn't even heard of it until I saw his ad.  Feedback on Amazon is not uniformly good.
http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Multi-functional-Tactical-Messenger-Bag/product-reviews/B002TUSSY4/ref=dp_db_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

The feedback seems pretty good- don't confuse this with the UAG messenger bag which has pretty mediocre reviews.

Most of the detractors seem to be about the stitching, the zippers, its too big or too small, or that its not quite as good as the Maxpedition bag.

Here's my opinion:
Stitching: pretty good, though time will tell if it holds up.
Size- a little bigger than expected, but useable
Zippers- a bit sticky and very noisy- paracord pulls helped enormously in both aspects

Water resistant drawstring liner in the main compartment- seems a bit flimsy, time will tell
CCW pocket- haven't tried it yet. I put a ~4" cobra knottted paracord pull on the zipper- very quick and easy to open now.
Plastic buckles- way oversized for what they do, but not sure if thats a negative yet.
Price- I can wear through 2 of these for the price of a maxpedition. I figure if I like this kind of carry enough, I'll spend the money on a Mexpedition down the road.
Main compartment size- One of the primary reasons why I bought the bag was for an upcoming family trip. It will easily hold my DSLR camera,plus keys, wallet, sunglasses, phone, and various other things.
I mainly bought this as a 'man purse' for my every day stuff as I get lower back pain if I carry anything in my pockets, It'll also serve as means of CCW when I get my permit. The bag carries well, but not quite perfectly, but that might be a matter of adjustment- the jury is still out.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2011, 05:48:11 PM »
So I need to figure out if it'll carry all my crap, and if it "screams gun".
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2011, 05:53:37 PM »
Wouldn't all that stuff listed on page one fit on a typical "Batman" utility belt?

(Back in the day, I used to carry my camera equipment in a diaper bag instead of a camera bag so it wouldnt get stolen)
"It's good, though..."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2011, 06:46:18 PM »
So I need to figure out if it'll carry all my crap, and if it "screams gun".

Like a lot of other 'tactical' gear, I think it only screams 'gun' to others who are into guns or to cops.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2011, 12:52:37 AM »
I'd suggest something like the web gear we use for wildland firefighting.

It's basically an overgrown fanny pack with padded suspenders, and a removable day pack for extra space.

Source?

I have 13 years of wearing deuce gear and all the fanny packs just feel wrong without suspenders now.

I have "backpacks" but want something a little less for equipped day+ hikes.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2011, 07:17:20 AM »
Very mall-ninja don't ya' think?

Maybe....but it holds my Blackberry, asthma/allergy meds, pens, Sharpie, comb, Wet Wipes, band-aids, headphones, and other necessary sundries well enough....

....plus, considering that I work around students with criminal histories and sticky fingers, the buckle-&-velcro pocket and double-MOLLE fasteners (w/ a spring-metal clip I added on the back) keep everything right where it should be....and teaches my kiddoes the meaning of the word "thwarted".....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.