Author Topic: Dilbert among us  (Read 7363 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Dilbert among us
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 09:19:47 AM »
Wifey mcmoneybags was giving me a hard time because she isn't sure we have enough batteries if there's a hurricane.   :laugh:

She welcomes my paranoia about things like that, but any mention of long term prepping gets me the  ;/

When one of the stores opened a couple of days after the tornadoes, I bought hundreds of batteries. Even though they're in a drawer in the refrigerator, they'll probably expire before I use them all.

We didn't have enough canned goods for the 4-5 days without power, so my wife bought cans of beans, canned potato salad, Spam and other things just in case. Problem is that she's not replenishing that stuff as I eat it, so if we get hit again there won't be anything non-perishable to eat.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 10:19:09 AM »
When one of the stores opened a couple of days after the tornadoes, I bought hundreds of batteries. Even though they're in a drawer in the refrigerator, they'll probably expire before I use them all.

Your need related to http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1976 ??  =D  [tinfoil]  :-*

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 11:24:59 AM »
My wife has recently brought up how we don't have enough food and water storage, med supplies, and guns. I love that girl for so many reasons...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 12:25:54 PM »
. . . so my wife bought cans of  . . . Spam  . . .
Couples have divorced for less . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 12:47:40 PM »
Your need related to http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1976 ??  =D  [tinfoil]  :-*

stay safe.

You should be sanctioned for posting that.

I clicked "next" several times, and the setup there totally failed to deliver.  :mad: It even changed artists a bunch of times, and was about some coffee shop.
I promise not to duck.