Author Topic: Let's play "Spot the Fallacies"  (Read 635 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Let's play "Spot the Fallacies"
« on: August 06, 2011, 11:04:04 PM »
http://isteve.blogspot.com/2011/08/lets-play-spot-fallacies.html

NYT inky wretch wails and moans in a "Meteorite to Destroy Earth: Women & Minorities Disproportionately Hurt," sort of way over how the hispanic population has taken it in the face since the housing ship went tango uniform.

Sailer gently eviscerates the author's article and jams its head on a pike as a warning to other sloppy journalists.

It is this sort of article that stokes my contempt of the MSM.  The author is either ignorant or mendacious, there is no third option.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Let's play "Spot the Fallacies"
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 11:47:07 PM »
Yes there is a third option.

Ignorantly mendacious.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Let's play "Spot the Fallacies"
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 11:58:13 PM »
ACCORDING to a new study by the Pew Research Center, Hispanic families saw the largest decline in wealth of any racial or ethnic group in the country during the latter half of the last decade: from 2005 to 2009, their median wealth fell by an astounding 66 percent. The reason? The implosion of the housing market, where Hispanic families had invested much of their wealth.

Shouldn't the article end right there? I mean, if Hispanics are more inclined to invest in real estate, then the bottom falls out from under their chosen investment, doesn't that explain the phenomenon? I mean, unless the author intends to show that the real estate market was purposely manipulated to put Hispanics back in their place?  ??? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife