Author Topic: ccw versus masked bandit with .25acp  (Read 6598 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
ccw versus masked bandit with .25acp
« on: August 08, 2011, 02:51:36 PM »
http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/204949/8/Victim-shoots-robbery-suspect-in-Applebees-parking-lot

Some guy named Raven shoots a mugger with a .25acp, 5cent bet the mugger was armed with a phoenix raven .25acp
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: ccw versus masked bandit with .25acp
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 03:04:02 PM »
Some guy named Raven shoots a mugger with a .25acp, 5cent bet the mugger was armed with a phoenix raven .25acp

No; they specifically said it was operational.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 03:08:37 PM »
Well....while I can't argue that the .25ACP didn't stop the attack, I'm convinced that I'll be carrying something more substantial when I get my CHL.....

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 03:11:43 PM »
The robber had the .25 ACP, the caliber the CCW guy had is not mentioned.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 03:59:18 PM »
Police say Hauser will be charged with two counts of attempted armed robbery.

He should be charged with attempted murder, IMHO. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 05:04:35 PM »
Yep.  I sat in the jury of a murder trial that was done with a 25 ACP. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 05:06:15 PM »

How many times did he hit him over the head with the gun?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 05:43:35 PM »
How many times did he hit him over the head with the gun?

:D :D :D

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 05:48:19 PM »
I like this story from Tampa better.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/watercooler/article/204222/58/Police-Carjacking-suspect-blames-Batman-movie

Chumley tries to jack a car. The driver is a police officer that just happens to be looking for Chumley, to arrest him for assault. Chumley chose poorly.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 05:55:16 PM »
Chumley tries to jack a car. The driver is a police officer that just happens to be looking for Chumley, to arrest him for assault. Chumley chose poorly.

??? 

seeker_two

• friend
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 06:18:47 PM »
Hint: Chumley is not that pawnbroker's real name.  =)

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 08:39:28 PM »
Hint: Chumley is not that pawnbroker's real name.  =)

yup, but that's what the call him.

Chris

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 08:49:29 PM »
I've been called that before, but I sure it must have been for TOTALLY different reasons.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 09:06:11 PM »

Actually I say it because his actions forced the CHL holder to shoot him, thus attempting murder on him.  Since it was his criminal actions that caused it, he should be charged with attempted murder.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 05:34:41 AM »
Actually I say it because his actions forced the CHL holder to shoot him, thus attempting murder on him.  Since it was his criminal actions that caused it, he should be charged with attempted murder.

They could charge him with that couldn't they, I know Florida sometimes charges the criminal with murder if the co conspirator gets killed
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 09:37:12 AM »

I don't like the idea of calling self defense a form of murder.  Attempted or otherwise.  Heaven forbid I ever fire on anyone, but if I do, I will be doing it to get them to stop whatever it is they are doing, not because I want them to die.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 09:58:50 AM »
I don't like the idea of calling self defense a form of murder.  Attempted or otherwise.  Heaven forbid I ever fire on anyone, but if I do, I will be doing it to get them to stop whatever it is they are doing, not because I want them to die.

No, no....Jamis means that the crook should be charged with attempted murder because the threat he made on the CCW's life justified the CCW to shoot the crook....and I agree with Jamis on this....

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 10:24:22 AM »

You attempt to kill someone when you shoot them, no matter how noble the motive. It is lethal force, afterall.  Charging the criminal with the totality of the outcome of his crime seems only fitting. 
JD

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 03:57:55 PM »
No; they specifically said it was operational.

My first gun was a .25acp Phoenix Raven, it was a sweet little gun I wish I had never sold. As long as it was properly lubed it always ran smooth.

I'm now considering one of those little Beretta .25acp pocket rockets-all I need is some dough of course.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 04:01:52 PM »
My first gun was a .25acp Phoenix Raven, it was a sweet little gun I wish I had never sold. As long as it was properly lubed it always ran smooth.

I'm now considering one of those little Beretta .25acp pocket rockets-all I need is some dough of course.

I'd go up to at least the Kel-Tec P32. It's no bigger, and is almost into "real" caliber territory. Well, Europe actually sort of considered it a service caliber for a long time.

Plus Monkeyleg has lasers for them too.  :angel:
I promise not to duck.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 04:33:07 PM »
the bobcats are more fun then most people think. [popcorn] and the triggers can be made VERY short and light. =D

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 05:35:51 PM »
I know Florida sometimes charges the criminal with murder if the co conspirator gets killed

I'm no legal expert, but I've only heard of that sort of thing in cases where someone else's death was blamed on an accomplice. If a person were charged with the attempted murder of themselves, that might be more consistent with laws against attempted suicide, which I thought some states had.  ???

Some of us might agree with that more than others.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 06:23:32 PM »
I'd go up to at least the Kel-Tec P32. It's no bigger, and is almost into "real" caliber territory. Well, Europe actually sort of considered it a service caliber for a long time.

well, that's a great idea! thanks!

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 07:46:59 PM »

Yeah but pistols are more a badge of office in Europe than an actual useful item.
Look, tiny text!