Author Topic: Production problems at MecGar?  (Read 585 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Production problems at MecGar?
« on: August 21, 2011, 11:27:37 PM »
I've been looking for MecGar 17rd anti-friction coating (AFC) CZ-75 9mm mags for over a month now.

EVERYONE seems to be out of stock.  Except for azzhats that want to charge $35+ per mag.  They have 'em in stock. ;/  Conventional prices seem to run $25-$28.

Did MecGar get some sort of government contract and stopped producing mags for the civ market?  Is there some sort of problem with the AFC mags and they're being pulled from the market?  CTD has a notice saying "We're sorry, this product is currently not in stock and can not be backordered.  Please click here to be notified by email if this product becomes available."

If?

I've got 3 of these mags (1 x 17rd and 2 x 17rd+2) and they work awesome.  I also have half a dozen 18rd AFC mags for my XD9.  Never even a hint of a problem from them, either.

I want a few more of the 17 and 19rd mags.  The 3 I currently have are purely for dropping in the dirt at the weekly steel matches, and I don't put them in my carry rotation (I use the 16rd factory and MecGar original design ones for that currently). 

Anyone got a scoop on anything going on?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: Production problems at MecGar?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 08:16:17 AM »
Try here:

http://www.topgunsupply.com/mec-gar-cz-75-9mm-17rd-afc.html

In stock, $23.95.  I've only made one purchase from Top Gun Supply but I had no problem, shipping was fast.

I have the Beretta mags, they rock.  I just wish I could carry them at work instead of the Air Force's old-'n-busted Check Mate mags.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!