Author Topic: Yummy Popcorn/support Scouting!!  (Read 3156 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Yummy Popcorn/support Scouting!!
« on: September 07, 2011, 09:39:44 AM »
Ya'll
My boy's cub scout pack is selling popcorn this month. Its a huge part of thier fundraising and will pay for a large amount of the activites.  Its part of how the pack keeps costs low for parents as well.
There will be some kick ass prizes, and also there is a competition for popcorn sold to the most states
yes, you can buy online.
https://www.trails-end.com/estore/home_alt.jsp?_requestid=544317
Thanks!!!!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Yummy Popcorn/support Scouting!!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 09:44:40 AM »
Jamis, how long has your son been involved in Cub Scouts?  I'm on Year 5 as Cubmaster, and all I can say is that I hate popcorn sale time.  the product is good folks, so if you're interested in popcorn, or willing to help support Scouting, please buy.  I just hate selling the stuff (or any fundraiser for that matter), and hauling my sons around town to sell it.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 09:45:51 AM »
Jamis, how long has your son been involved in Cub Scouts?  I'm on Year 5 as Cubmaster, and all I can say is that I hate popcorn sale time.  the product is good folks, so if you're interested in popcorn, or willing to help support Scouting, please buy.  I just hate selling the stuff (or any fundraiser for that matter), and hauling my sons around town to sell it.

He started last spring.  I'm the assistant den leader, probably about as much as I'll take on.  He's a Wolf.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 11:16:55 AM »
If you want your spawn to get credit you might want to give us a clue as to how to fill in the boxes that come up when you click the almost-invisible "You are supporting no one - change" box in the upper right corner.

Select your Scout or Council
70% of all sales on this site go back to local Scouting. Your purchase helps to pay for the activities of Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts across the country.

Ensure your purchase is credited to the right Scout or Council by entering a Scout ID or choosing a Council to support:

Enter Scout ID to support a Scout:

Find a Scout to Support

- or -
Enter your zip code to support a Council:

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 04:42:36 PM »
i sent 10 dollars to support sweet baby Zardoz
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 06:10:47 PM »
If you want your spawn to get credit you might want to give us a clue as to how to fill in the boxes that come up when you click the almost-invisible "You are supporting no one - change" box in the upper right corner.

stay safe.

Ah I thought the link had that in it.

15375536 is his ID for the sales.

i sent 10 dollars to support sweet baby Zardoz

I need to convince him to go as Zardoz for halloween. Hell, we're talking about an adult halloween party around here.....hhhmmmm.... >:D
JD

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 09:55:06 PM »

I need to convince him to go as Zardoz for halloween. Hell, we're talking about an adult halloween party around here.....hhhmmmm.... >:D

"Adults" to not dress up as Zardoz.  Or wear whatever the heck you call that thing Conery wore.  Although wearing Webleys is quite acceptable and even encouraged, even in Texas where OC is still against the law.

If you are going to have an adult party you know that pictures must be posted.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 09:58:58 PM »
<---5 year Den Leader (Webelos II)

I didn't think you could start selling until 1 October.   At least I think that's the date, maybe 1 Sept?   We have our pack meeting this Friday.  So probably Saturday, we'll be tromping through the neighborhood, ringing every bell.   :angel:

Each boy in our pack has a $300 goal, to help keep costs down.  It's a great program and the boys really enjoy it.

Scouting is a great way to get the boys outdoors and instills some good old American values.  

Thanks for your support!!!
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 10:37:50 PM »
Eagle Scout here..  Big fan of  Scouting.  Real values. Character lessons.  Honor.

There's an amateur film out there called The Last Eagle Scout.   Trailer is on YouTube.....sorry, I'm on my Nook and can't figure out  how to link on this.  It shows how Scouting may "fit in" if   America goes where we all fear it might... Wish they would finish the project.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 12:08:24 AM »
I just hate selling the stuff (or any fundraiser for that matter), and hauling my sons around town to sell it.

I hate the whole thing too.

The best fund raiser I ever did, and I did it twice in high school for our wrestling team, was chicken wrangling.  The team came in over the summer, moved about 110,000 birds from cages into carts for shipping to the soup/dog food factory, and moved 110,000 new ones into those cages off trucks.  Took about three weeks as I recall, with us working after typical work hours.  The chicken/egg farmer probably got a heck of a deal on the labor, but I don't remember the exact details.  What I do remember is they couldn't hire anybody to do a job that nasty, the illegal immigrants would often turn them down, and those that did take the job would kill too many of them while handling them so they were happy to have us do it.

And, truth be told, we probably did it for sub minimum wage.  But it was money we needed and it was one hell of a character building exercise.  While we sure as heck left the job site dirty we didn't feel dirty about what we'd just done.  Honest work for honest pay.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 12:10:41 AM »
Cheesy fund-raisers should be boycotted out of existence, ideally by the parents.

A car wash is too good for you people? Or mow some lawns or something.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 08:56:45 AM »
Cheesy fund-raisers should be boycotted out of existence, ideally by the parents.

A car wash is too good for you people? Or mow some lawns or something.

You want to put a group of young boys in man-thongs and get them to rub up against people's cars?

I thought Cubs were too young for hedge trimming http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/schick-quattro-helps-women-trim-bush-14387 .

No, I have not had my meds yet today.  Why do you ask?

stay safe.