Author Topic: Another gem of a letter to the editor  (Read 1530 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Another gem of a letter to the editor
« on: September 22, 2011, 11:35:33 PM »
Sorry, Fistful. This one is just too good not to share. It's also so target-rich that it's nearly impossible to know where to begin to critique.

It does show, however, that the more Democrat talking points one uses, the more the brain rots.

CLASS WARFARE

GOP trying to go back in time

If I understand this correctly, top Republicans think that asking millionaires to pay their fair share will hurt economic growth. What economic growth? Punishes what job creation? Who and where are these entrepreneurs who are going out and hiring people?

Class warfare? We already have that. The Republicans are trying to create a society like there was at the beginning of the last century when young children were sent to work in factories to help support their families at a barely subsistence level, health care for the poor was nonexistent and the elderly had to rely on their families for a place to live even when that family could barely take care of itself.

Those who tried to form unions to better their lot were fired upon by the National Guard. Yes, that happened, right here in Milwaukee.

I find myself questioning the integrity, the morality and the honesty of the Republicans who are in power and the intelligence of those who put them there. I suppose we could go back even further in history to a time when the townsfolk rose up in mobs armed with torches and pitchforks, but I fear that few of us could afford the pitchfork.

Edna Grothem
Greenfield

I think I read about the National Guard shooting union guys last week at a Denny's restaurant on the south side of Milwaukee. They just walked in and started blasting away at anyone with a union pin.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Another gem of a letter to the editor
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 11:37:27 PM »
You can't cure stupid.  ;/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 12:21:12 AM »
I, for one, grow increasingly dissatisfied with the current Congress's total failure to have union commies fired upon. At this rate, we'll never get back to the Gilded Age.  :mad:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 12:45:37 AM »
Dammit!  Which one of you morons let him renew his newspaper subscription?  You're all FIRED!  [ar15]

It does show, however, that the more Democrat talking points one uses, the more the brain rots.

That is absurd.  Air does not rot.

Edna clearly took notes in her Social History class at the junior college, but I think she was out sick on Punctuation Day.  I wouldn't say "stupid," just "poor critical thinker."  Rule #1 of doing History is "ignore all stated facts that are not backed by multiple-angle video evidence unless both sides with something to gain say the same thing (and even then...)."  Maybe "Oppressed Victim Studies 101" didn't have a historiography lesson.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 04:27:00 PM »
Those who tried to form unions to better their lot were fired upon by the National Guard. Yes, that happened, right here in Milwaukee.

Actually that DID happen... 125 years ago.  :laugh: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/turningpoints/search.asp?id=933

This seals it, I'm getting that Czech flare gun, and I'm going to register it as an NFA DD sooner or later so I can put beanbag rounds in it.  :P I'm going to need them.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 04:31:23 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 05:48:23 PM »
Yes, AJ. 125 years ago, just like child labor and sweatshops.

If we don't increase taxes on Millionaires And BillinairesTM, things will return to the dark days of the 19th and early 20th century.

What's odd is that, when it come to the environment, liberals really do want us to return to the (literally) dark days of the 19th century.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 09:12:54 PM »
What's odd is that, when it come to the environment, liberals really do want us to return to the (literally) dark days of the 19th century.

Their whole program is regressive, longing for the days when we (that is, the little people) were all at one with the earth, had no guns, toiled for feudal lords that were (theoretically) to defend and protect us, and were led by a cosmopolitan religious order. Then there are the regressive elements that don't fit the medieval peasant model; the preference for trade guilds, the acceptance of homosexuality, the elimination of unwanted children, etc.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 11:39:10 PM »
Another gem from tonight. It took him 307 words to say "I want somebody else's money." I'm really blown away by the sentence in which he talks about citizens exercising their "constitutional right" to force someone else to give them something.

SICK LEAVE

Sham being used to benefit the rich

Now that the cold and flu season is here, I am reminded daily of how many of my fellow Milwaukeeans are economically forced to deal with their communicable diseases.

For many, if not most of us working stiffs and serious students, it is an uncomfortable nuisance to be borne bravely and symptomatically treated as best we can while going about our daily routines. For some, it may include a trip to the doctor, walk-in clinic or emergency room. And while most of us and the community probably would be better served by staying at home and not "spreading the misery," we just can't afford to.

I am allergic to raw eggs; therefore, I have been unable to get flu protection for many years. As a result, I must make every effort to limit my exposure to infected individuals both at home and in the community at large.

I was encouraged when Milwaukee County citizens exercised their basic constitutional rights to propose, vote on, pass and enact a law that would have forced business owners - those shortsighted and uncaring enough to not already provide it - to help marginal income wage earners (mostly in the food service industry) and protect their clientele.

I was both surprised and appalled when the law was overturned by the state. This denial of what to many of us (and, yes, I am a fiscal conservative) consider to be basic human decency has had the sobering effect of demonstrating that the idea that we as citizens can create laws to benefit all of us is in reality a sham, a sham that is being used to benefit only the rich and powerful.

When we lose faith in those we have chosen to lead us because they appear to play by their own rules, the days that follow can only lead to disaster.

Alan Gordon
Brown Deer

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 12:02:11 AM »
"Us serious students," huh?  :laugh: If that just don't epitomize the stereotype of the college kid, sheltered from "the real world." Yeah, dude, people usually don't get to put life on hold when they have a minor illness. Sorry.

BTW, leg, what happened to the sick leave law? How was it overturned?

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 12:53:41 AM »
The last I read, the sick leave law was being challenged in court by the city. Milwaukee Democrats may be dumb, but not so dumb as to implement a law like that.