Author Topic: That's the oiliest snake I've ever seen  (Read 4099 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
That's the oiliest snake I've ever seen
« on: October 03, 2011, 04:18:57 PM »
http://www.lessloss.com/blackbody-p-200.html

TL:DR $1300+ for a magic box that quantum physics your ipod so it sounds better in an undefinable or detectable way.  [barf]

Makes me wish I was unethical enough to sell this sort of thing, dude has to be making a killing even if he only sells a handful.

The Blackbody is a high-tech audio accessory which greatly enhances your audio playback experience by addressing the interaction of your audio gear's circuitry with ambient electromagnetic phenomena and modifying this interplay. The Blackbody takes advantage of the quantum nature of particle interaction, and is therefore able to permeate metal, plastic, wood, and other barriers to affect the circuitry inside your components. This altered electromagnetic influence results in profoundly improved sound quality.

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: That's the oiliest snake I've ever seen
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 04:24:27 PM »
I like how, once you read down a bit, you learn that you should really have three of them.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 04:27:09 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 04:27:47 PM »
but does it go to 11?
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

AZRedhawk44

• friends
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 05:23:10 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedicated-Link-Cable/product-reviews/B000I1X6PM/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Not a great product as delivered but if you chop off the supplied plugs and solder on the gold-plated RCA plugs from Radio Shack, your sound quality will make you weep.

DD  ;/
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 05:49:27 PM »
Sounds like the first time I heard someone actually try to tell me that vinyl records sounded better than CD's.  I still don't get that.

Wow, if only all my communication cables used actual pure copper. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 06:31:03 PM »
Placing the Blackbody too close will not harm your gear, but the resulting effect on the overall sound of the system will be better when the Blackbody is placed further back, so that more of the circuitry will be encompassed by its invisible "beam.”

how about i leave it the furthest away that i can, like on the shelf at your warehouse?  that should give me the almighty-mostest-optimum sound ever.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 07:24:25 PM »
This connection isn't sound. If my calculations are correct, it should be sometime around 2007 for whomever is reading this. DO NOT USE THESE CABLES. Something... happens with them. Something came through, something from somewhere else. We were overrun in days, not many of us are left. WE LIVE UNDERGROUND! ONLY YOU CAN STOP IT NOW. SAVE US. DO NOT USE THESE CABLES.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

robear

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 08:48:31 PM »
$1300+ for a magic box that quantum physics your ipod so it sounds better in an undefinable or detectable way.

Funny how the website is named 'less loss'.   I guess they're not talking about your wallet.

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 12:29:34 AM »
Okay....

So I regularly rant about this type of crap.  If it says "quantum" and it is not preceded immediately by: "physics", "chemistry", "mechanics", "electrodynamics" or something very similar, it is fake.  I make it very clear to the people around me what I feel about fake quantum crap. 

For my birthday, my mother buys me the quantum pendant.  The description from amazon:
Our Anion & Scalar Energy Pendant is a wearable handmade jewelry made from special Japanese volcanic lava and contains 70 Natural Cosmic Energy Minerals, manufactured & processed under extreme temperature before it is coagulated to form bio-ceramics under low temperature treatment & structurally bonded together at a molecular level. The QBP Pendant has the highest negative ions count in the market making it the most effective & fast action results. The mixture combines the deep-sea volcanic rocks only found in Japan & emits more scalar energy than any QBP Pendant in the industry. This QBP Pendant emits scalar energy including the essential K40 resonance that promotes positive flow of energy & helps to maintain energy balance. This QBP Pendant has 2knegative ions of natural good energy & doesn't have any side effect. The 2k negative ions can go as far as 1 inch into the body & energizes water & food faster. It potentially will harmonize your body's life-force by absorbing heat energy & transforming it into bio-energy which helps your body's metabolic functions achieve holistic wellness. Wear around your neck 3inches below your collar bone or carry in your pocket. The anion & scalar energy from the QBP Pendant works outwardly & within the body. Outwardly the energy enhances the body's bio-field. Inwardly it works to facilitate cell permeability & thereby enhances the many physiological functions of the cells in the body. Our products are tested before we buy them. A copy of the testing is available upon request from our customers at the time of purchase.

It even came with a certificate of authenticity!  :facepalm:  FAIL  :facepalm:
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 12:38:50 AM »
Reminds me of the Radioshack guy telling that they had the patent and only their stereos had "superhetrodyne" circuitry.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 08:06:34 AM »
Even with legitimate products, what engineering says and what marketing hears is two different things.

And it is the marketing department that "explains" everything to the dealer and salesmen. Its the engineering department that has to "fix" the product complaints.  :facepalm:
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 08:27:24 AM »
This gizmo reminds me of an "ad" in the annual satire issue of our college newspaper for "The Dark Bulb" . . . plug it in, and it emits darkness and will absorb light - perfect for a photographic darkroom or those who work the night shift and have to sleep during the day.  ;)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 08:43:28 AM »
So I regularly rant about this type of crap.  If it says "quantum" and it is not preceded immediately by: "physics", "chemistry", "mechanics", "electrodynamics" or something very similar, it is fake.  I make it very clear to the people around me what I feel about fake quantum crap. 

No,no,no... The black box is borrowing music particles from other universes to give you an enhanced experience here.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 08:45:04 AM »
Makes me wish I was unethical enough to sell this sort of thing, dude has to be making a killing even if he only sells a handful.

I wouldn't have any of those ethical/moral issues if I were selling to *expletive deleted*bag snob audiophiles.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 10:52:29 AM »
I wouldn't have any of those ethical/moral issues if I were selling to *expletive deleted*bag snob audiophiles.

You mean the ones that had $300+ cables for their cassette decks?

Wouldn't want to miss any tape hiss or flutter.