Author Topic: Alan Tudyk's new bit  (Read 1130 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Alan Tudyk's new bit
« on: October 06, 2011, 11:22:21 AM »
Tucker and Dale versus Evil.

http://www.magnetreleasing.com/tuckeranddalevsevil/

Just saw last night at the little retro Harkins theater on Mill Avenue in the college-town part of Tempe.  It's like "Evil Dead" mixed with "American Pie" with a couple ounces of "Deliverance" for balance.

I do recommend for the motley crew that is APS.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: Alan Tudyk's new bit
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 11:33:27 AM »
repost

Chris

erictank

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 12:56:00 PM »
Tucker and Dale versus Evil.

http://www.magnetreleasing.com/tuckeranddalevsevil/

Just saw last night at the little retro Harkins theater on Mill Avenue in the college-town part of Tempe.  It's like "Evil Dead" mixed with "American Pie" with a couple ounces of "Deliverance" for balance.

I do recommend for the motley crew that is APS.

We recorded it on our DVR - I think from HDnet Movies, or something like that, on FiOS.  I still haven't seen the whole thing yet, but what I've seen is freakin' HILARIOUS.

He also had a supporting role, as a retired (kind of recovering, actually) super secret-agent type who'd become John Turturro's manservant.  He seems to be having a good bit of fun with his recent roles.  :lol:

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 01:00:11 PM »
We recorded it on our DVR - I think from HDnet Movies, or something like that, on FiOS.  I still haven't seen the whole thing yet, but what I've seen is freakin' HILARIOUS.

You can record/save those on the FIOS DVR?  I had it bookmarked in case I could be convinced to spend $10, but knowing I could record it for viewing more than once makes it worth the money.

Chris

erictank

• friends
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 01:15:29 PM »
You can record/save those on the FIOS DVR?  I had it bookmarked in case I could be convinced to spend $10, but knowing I could record it for viewing more than once makes it worth the money.

Chris

It was on that channel (somewhere in the mid-700 range, in the NoVA area) for free.  Well, that's probably part of the superwhammodyne movies package I'm signed up for, so not FREE, but it's already paid for via monthly fee.  Paid On-Demand movies can't be recorded on DVR - if you're hooked up right, you can record whatever you're playing on a DVD recorder or something, but the DVR function is disabled during On Demand play.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 01:23:20 PM »
You could have warned about the sound ...  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 03:54:57 PM »
Note to self; scroll slower.  Accidentally mixing up the Alan Tudyk and Steve Jobs thread titles almost gave me a heart attack.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 02:56:17 PM »
He also had a supporting role, as a retired (kind of recovering, actually) super secret-agent type who'd become John Turturro's manservant.

I really wished they had expanded on his character.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic