Author Topic: Zombie Outbreak reported (semi spam alert)  (Read 5514 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Zombie Outbreak reported (semi spam alert)
« on: October 12, 2011, 02:56:37 PM »
OK, so it really is an ad for Brownell's.

But I was surprised to see the Zombie Outbreak has started in Iowa.

Apparently rural living and the inability to distinguish between cows and women visually offers no protection.

Run for the hills!  Oh, wait!  There are no hills in Iowa - it's almost as flat as Kansas.  Too bad.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Zombie Outbreak reported (semi spam alert)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 03:04:11 PM »
For anyone to say that Kansas is flat has never been to Kansas.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 03:06:57 PM »

How could it be? The Earth is curved into a sphere after all.  =)
I promise not to duck.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 03:21:10 PM »

http://improbable.com/airchives/paperair/volume9/v9i3/kansas.html

Not only Ha!  but double-Ha!

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 03:51:05 PM »
First of all come to Kansas sometime. :laugh:

Second of all, how many tax dollars were wasted on that study? :facepalm:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 04:01:50 PM »
First of all come to Kansas sometime. :laugh:

Second of all, how many tax dollars were wasted on that study? :facepalm:

First of all, I've been through Kansas.  Stared at the same tree on the horizon as I approached it, and then as I left it in the rearview mirror.  I know that it does not take hours to cover 27 miles, but I did share the same feeling Columbus must have experienced as he approached land from the ocean.  And another 27 miles for the tree to drop below the horizon again.  Diodn't take a genius like me long to figure out why farm dogs preferred fence posts to trees out there.

Second of all, how many tax dollars do you have?

stay safe.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 04:32:29 PM »
Easy Skid. Not nice to crack wise about someone's home state. I've been through Kansas too, several times, and there's definitely hill country. Not so much on the main interstates but get out into the real areas and there is.

Now play nice. Don't taunt a guy who's stuck in the sandbox about the place he used to call home.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 04:53:13 PM »
First of all, I've been through Kansas.  Stared at the same tree on the horizon as I approached it, and then as I left it in the rearview mirror.  I know that it does not take hours to cover 27 miles, but I did share the same feeling Columbus must have experienced as he approached land from the ocean.  And another 27 miles for the tree to drop below the horizon again.  Diodn't take a genius like me long to figure out why farm dogs preferred fence posts to trees out there.

Second of all, how many tax dollars do you have?

stay safe.

Well what part of KS did you drive.

And as for tax dollars, since I am currently on active duty all my money is tax dollars. :laugh: >:D

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 05:04:58 PM »
How could it be? The Earth is curved into a sphere after all.
Pshaw! I suppose that you really believe that we landed on the moon, too?
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 08:36:16 PM »
it's almost as flat as Kansas

Pff. You just have to go east... far east It ain't called the Flint Hills for nothing. See that word, HILLS, which means not flat.  :P
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 10:14:23 PM »
I hunted up and down plenty of hills growing up in eastern KS to know it's not flat.

The real problem in your post is that Iowans like sheep not cows.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 02:22:13 PM »

stay safe.

I saw a similar study done comparing earth to a billiard ball.  From the peak of Everest to the Mariana Trench, earth is still smoother than a billiard ball, when you adjust for scale.  It's not round enough to be a billiard ball though.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 08:18:47 PM »

stay safe.

Amusing, but people who engage in pseudo-erudition really should learn to at least write basic English correctly.

This obvious question “how flat is a pancake” spurned our analytical interest, ...
"Spurned"?

SPURN:

intransitive verb

1. obsolete a : stumble b : kick 1a

2. archaic : to reject something disdainfully

transitive verb

1. : to tread sharply or heavily upon : trample

2. : to reject with disdain or contempt : scorn

Figure 3. When viewed at a scale of 50 mm, a pancake appears more rugged than the Grand Canyon.

50 mm isn't a scale, it's a dimension.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

220_SWIFT

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 09:23:47 PM »
Zombies?  Better stock up on some of that new Hornady Zombie Max Ammo soon!

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 01:18:35 PM »

My dad's side of the family is from Kansas.  I've driven through many times.  It's flat.  Next question?
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 02:43:43 AM »
My wife and I rode across Kansas on our way to Colorado. When we left Hayes I could stand on the foot boards and see Denver. And smell Goodland.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 11:11:44 AM »
Run for the hills!  Oh, wait!  There are no hills in Iowa - it's almost as flat as Kansas.  Too bad.

Iowa isn't that flat either, parts of it are but for the most part it is a lot of rolling topography.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536