Author Topic: Ventura, miffed by court, says he's off to Mexico  (Read 7469 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Ventura, miffed by court, says he's off to Mexico
« on: November 05, 2011, 09:09:01 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/ventura-miffed-court-says-hes-off-mexico-174718110.html

Quote from: Yahoo News
Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura is so upset by the dismissal of his airport security lawsuit that he threatened Friday to apply for dual citizenship so he can spend more time in his beloved Mexico — or run for president of what he labeled "the Fascist States of America."

Quote from: Yahoo News
The former Navy SEAL said he had lost his patriotism.

"I will never stand for a national anthem again. I will turn my back and I will raise a fist," he said.

Yes....I know he's a nut job....but I wonder just how many others are feeling this way about the FedGov now....  =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
Re: Ventura, miffed by court, says he's off to Mexico
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 09:40:56 AM »
I have never been to Mexico, so I didn't realize it was the bastion of liberty and freedom.  Is it really all that better there?
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 10:07:16 AM »
I have never been to Mexico, so I didn't realize it was the bastion of liberty and freedom.  Is it really all that better there?

With enough money.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 10:42:18 AM »
With enough money.
So if you're heading up the Zetas . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 12:58:45 PM »

You don't have to get searched to ride one of those overcrowded stock trucks that they call busses  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 02:35:36 PM »
Well.................bye!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 02:55:19 PM »
For retirement, yes.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 04:25:54 PM »
For retirement, yes.

Or, was :(

Apparently it has gotten a lot worse the past few years after the US twisted their arm into trying to crack down on the drug trade - with results the reverse of intended.  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 05:21:55 PM »
Like lot of "great escapes" in the world--this one being in Baja--it is fine if you can fly into a private airport and have bodyguards and plenty of money to pass around in the local community and don't mind living in a compound.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 06:05:03 PM »
There have been incidents of even not very wealthy professionals (a person I talk to on the Internet a lot is a former engineer) finding a semblance of freedom in third-world countries. Not so much "liberty under law" but "you can do whatever you want because the government is too poor to fund lots of cops, and the few that sometimes come over are easily bribed not to care".

If you do not have a family, and despair in changing things, it is also an option.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 07:00:03 PM »
There have been incidents of even not very wealthy professionals (a person I talk to on the Internet a lot is a former engineer) finding a semblance of freedom in third-world countries. Not so much "liberty under law" but "you can do whatever you want because the government is too poor to fund lots of cops, and the few that sometimes come over are easily bribed not to care".

If you do not have a family, and despair in changing things, it is also an option.

Is this the "Mr Kurtz" approach to retirement?  =D
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 07:42:36 PM »
There have been incidents of even not very wealthy professionals (a person I talk to on the Internet a lot is a former engineer) finding a semblance of freedom in third-world countries.

Montana is working out pretty well for us.  =)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 08:29:06 PM »
A further detail that Ventura revealed on the Alex Jones Show which has not been picked up by mainstream media reports is the fact that Ventura’s lawyer was told the case could not go to a jury trial due to “secrecy reasons” related to national security.

“You cannot know what’s legal for the TSA to do or not, it’s considered national security, so there’s no way to know if you’re being abused or not,” said Ventura, adding, “The judge said it in the ruling, it’s secret and we have no way of knowing whether the Governor was abused or not.”

If that is true, Jesse "The Mildly Nutty" Ventura has a point.

I am not at all satisfied with or tolerant of secret laws which are being used against me.

Liberty is liberty.  Best if codified in law, but still desirable.

I would rejoice at a fed.gov "...too poor to fund lots of cops, and the few that sometimes come over are easily bribed not to care."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 10:49:12 PM »
Mexico is no bastion of freedom, BUT....funny (to me) story... I flew into Cancun airport in 1994 for a honeymoon, got off the plane and looked for a place to light up a cigarette without getting thrown in jail - asked a rifle toting Federale at the airport where I could smoke and he shrugged and said (the heavily accented version of) "It's a free country man, smoke wherever you want". Spent most of my honeymoon in the most innapropriate places (city bus, etc.) with a drink in one hand and a lit smoke in the other.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

erictank

• friends
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 11:42:08 PM »
If that is true, Jesse "The Mildly Nutty" Ventura has a point.

I am not at all satisfied with or tolerant of secret laws which are being used against me.

He is indeed correct - one of the Terrorist Support Agency's vaunted "layers of protection" is the fact that we mere peons are not permitted to know or access the procedures governing TSA operations against their paying customers, nor the laws specifically authorizing said Constitutional violations against We The People.  The rationale behind this is so that the ebilnastybaduglyterrywrists can't figure out ways around said rules.  Of course, it has the effect of preventing us from knowing the rules We The People are expected to abide by in order to travel about our own freaking country by common-carrier aircraft, as well as permitting Team Sexual Assault apparatchiks to indulge their every petty powertripping whim against us without so much as a whiff of accountability or consequence.

I'm astonished, frankly, that the "Get your freak on, girl!" luggage screener is actually being fired over his grossly-inappropriate action - Alvin Crabtree, who brought a freaking CONCEALED FIREARM through his checkpoint (deliberately circumventing security procedures to do so), lost his badge (not his job - just got his badge temporarily suspended) for 30 days and was (supposedly) counselled.  Period.  You or I would face arrest, possible criminal charges, and significant "civil" fines - he got talked to. [barf]

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 01:32:13 AM »
It's not possible to disagree with Ventura - in terms of his motivation, not his conclusions.

The problem is that Western society is so amazingly wealthy – by historical standards – that it can now afford detailing an incredible amount of resources to invading everybody's privacy. The TSA budget for 2012 (which includes not only the pat-down operators but all sorts of other, less intrusive services). This is, in other terms, less than 1% of America's GDP.  Expensive in absolute terms, but in no way prohibitive. In short, there is not an economic argument to stop this. The costs are in dignity and privacy – items that are not tangible on a politician's ledger.

Until the time that we bring about an actual revolution – and I am all in favor of revolutions of the non-violent kind – the only recourse will be a house out in the boonies, like Tallpine's, or leaving to some third-world country where the wonders of rolling checkpoints have not yet arrived.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 10:38:33 AM »
I'm just trying to wait out the inevitable federal bankruptcy, and a USSR style breakup so that the states can start over again.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 11:55:23 PM »
I EAGERLY await the FedGov bankruptcy.

At this point, it's the only means to chop the head off of Leviathan.

GOP won't do it, they have proven a fetish for Statism.  Tea Party doesn't have time to earn its way into office.  Libertarians don't have the mass appeal to obtain power to do it.  I don't even need to mention Democrats.

So, it's just gonna happen when it happens. 
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 01:06:15 AM »
I EAGERLY await the FedGov bankruptcy.

At this point, it's the only means to chop the head off of Leviathan.

GOP won't do it, they have proven a fetish for Statism.  Tea Party doesn't have time to earn its way into office.  Libertarians don't have the mass appeal to obtain power to do it.  I don't even need to mention Democrats.

So, it's just gonna happen when it happens. 

This is basically my thoughts on the matter.  A return to sanity and sustainable government that respects the Constitution is basically not probable.  So I just intend to mind my own business and watch.  You'd be surprised how many feds share this opinion. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

JonnyB

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 12:04:49 PM »
I told Mrs. B. that if he does, indeed, run for president - which he's threatening - he just might pull it off. IF, that is, he made a point about reducing the width and breadth of government; specifically:

Disband the TSA, DEA, Dept of Ed, BATFE and a bunch of other departments.

Run on a platform of freedom from government.

He just might get the Occupy $wherever folks behind him, too.

jb
Jon has a long mustache. No, really; he does. Look at that thing!

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011, 12:24:00 PM »

I don't know about that.  Without the government regulating everyone and everything, the corporations will take over, man!  Robber barrons will rape the proletariat!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 12:58:18 PM »
Ventura as a Presidential aspirant?  Why that's crazy.  But then the times are crazy.  Rule nothing out.  Nothing.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 01:03:13 PM »
Ventura as a Presidential aspirant?  Why that's crazy.  But then the times are crazy.  Rule nothing out.  Nothing.

No. We can rule Mr. Ventura out.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2011, 09:17:32 AM »
No. We can rule Mr. Ventura out.

He's better than Romney, and his madness is an asset.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2011, 11:20:48 AM »
I told Mrs. B. that if he does, indeed, run for president - which he's threatening - he just might pull it off. IF, that is, he made a point about reducing the width and breadth of government; specifically:

Disband the TSA, DEA, Dept of Ed, BATFE and a bunch of other departments.

Run on a platform of freedom from government.

jb
Their Democrat leash holders would never allow that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge