Author Topic: Worst gun show I've ever been to.  (Read 1002 times)

Lee

• friend
Worst gun show I've ever been to.
« on: November 13, 2011, 03:50:59 PM »
I'm not a regular to guns shows anymore, but decided today that I would go to one (or former location of one) that used to be my favorite...and during my favorite time of the year. While driving over there, I was fondly recalling the past 20 years of these shows and how it was pretty neat being around people from all backgrounds who had this common interest. Used to be that this was THE show of the year.  I was worried that the parking lot might be full...but there was front row avaialbility...which made me go hmmmm....odd... right from the start.
To say it had gotten worse would be an understatement.  You know how there is always one old guy, with a table in the back, who has nothing decent on his table, and he's been wearing the same clothes for 30 years, and his hair and beard are yellowish white, and his intact teeth are large and tobacco stained, he smells, and he couldn't give a rat's ass if you want to look at, or buy,  anything?  That pretty much describes all but a few tables there today (two buildings).  Most of the attendees were about the same.  I bought a few $10 Chinese knives just to make myself feel better about driving all the way over there...and I typically hate Chinese knives. Today, they looked like a bargain.  I was looking for a mag for a Ruger pistol, and wanted to buy a few boxes of .45acp....and couldn't find either one....seriously.  The only ammo guy there, is a guy who is at all the shows and mostly carries antique and hard to find ammo, at $45 a box. The weird guy who always sells the "end of the world is coming" surplus stuff, seemed somewhat normal and happy.  I'm thinking he's feeling the end is near...and I'm thinking maybe he's right.  I stopped at my local gun shop on the way home and bought some extra ammo...just in case.  

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Worst gun show I've ever been to.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 07:15:57 PM »
Where might that have been?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 07:18:22 PM »
Franklin Co. Fairgrounds in Columbus Oh.
Wasn't sure I wanted to say...lest the surplus survival guy might look me up to deposit some anthrax on my door knob or something. :P

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 07:28:06 PM »
Missed Wannemacher's again that was this weekend here in Tulsa.  If I hadn't gone to KC I would've made an appearance and more than likely spent too much money.

Going to be buying at least one firearm while I'm home if not two.  Also more than likely will be getting an AR to pick up after the deployment.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!