Author Topic: Ketchup on Steak  (Read 2870 times)

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
Re: Ketchup on Steak
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2011, 05:59:05 PM »
If you really want to teach the child to eat steak, teach her to eat it no more cooked than medium rare. I used to smother my steak with crap too when I was a kid and my mother bought crappy cuts of meat then cooked them until they made shoe leather appear appetizing. Learned how to appreciate a good cut of meat, never felt the need to drown a steak in sauces again. My kids eat their steaks rare to med rare (depending on cut and who's cooking it) and there's never been a bottle of steak sauce in our house.

Though I will confess to enjoying a dollop of real butter on my steak but it only enhances that natural beef goodness.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2011, 06:40:09 PM »
Like my steak med rare but rest of family likes it well done. So I cook there's just to well don and mine is med rare. Can't get them to appreciate the goodness of med rare.  I have tried. But I have gotten my daughter to appreciate shrimp.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

P5 Guy

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2011, 08:10:15 PM »
Steak, Roast Beef I have used Gorgonzola Cheese, Horseradish, a couple of different Tamarind based sauces and even hot sauce. on rare to medium rare.
I have a rub I use on some cuts of beef if any are interested I will share. It is pretty spicy.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2011, 10:57:58 PM »
I don't ever remember eating a good steak until well after I was an adult and had left home. My ex never learned not to cook everything to a cinder and with fish she was absolutely horrid. Fresh rainbows cooked until they curled up.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2011, 12:02:35 AM »
My ex never learned not to cook everything to a cinder and with fish she was absolutely horrid. Fresh rainbows cooked until they curled up.

But it was fish, so it had no flavor to begin with.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife