Author Topic: World's Fastest Toy Car Hits 100 MPH  (Read 742 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: World's Fastest Toy Car Hits 100 MPH
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 07:00:00 AM »
So I'm presuming this is 100 actual mph, as opposed to scale mph.  'Cause model cars have been clocking 500+ scale mph for ever.

If this is the case, I've gotta see both the track they have this running on and the kid they have at the controls.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 07:52:47 AM »
I'll hold out for the RC jet that can break the sound barrier. Control from the ground could be problematic.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 08:21:09 AM »
RC cars were hitting an actual 60mph back in the late 80s when I was into them (talking about the hobby-level cars, not the toys you get at Toys R Us).  I haven't been paying attention, but I figured they would be well above 100mph by now given advances in batteries and materials in the past 20 years.

Chris

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 09:36:49 AM »
Sorry, Cliff Lett broke 100 mph in a ROAR stock car 10 years ago.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?