Author Topic: oopsie  (Read 7638 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: oopsie
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 06:18:03 PM »

Yawn. You got specifics of the case, how they ended up checking for legal residency? If so, help us out. If not, why aren't you just assuming the police had their reasons, as you usually do?

you didn't get to read the article?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 07:01:32 PM »
 :laugh:  Yeah, I read it. As someone already pointed out, it simply says they were, "stopped by police for failing to carry proof of legal residency," which computes not at all. Unless they were walking down the street perfectly nude, how do you stop someone for not having papers?  ???

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

• friends
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 07:52:11 PM »
one was driving a rental car when he got pulled over.  prior he woulda gotten a ticket and been released. 
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2011, 08:48:01 PM »
one was driving a rental car when he got pulled over.  prior he woulda gotten a ticket and been released. 

He got pulled over for DRIVING A RENTAL CAR?  Or (far more likely), he got pulled over for a moving violation in the rental car?

I still see no problem with the law.

And I don't care if it's a haggis-eater, a limey, a kraut, a nip, an eh-hole, or a spic.  I'm an equal-opportunity deporter.  It could be my great-great-granduncle's nephew's niece's cousin with the same frivolous and obscure claim to Scottish nobility as I have.  And I'd expect the same of Scottish police, or Canadian police, or Japanese police, or German police, or Mexican police.  OK, well, I'd expect a heck of a lot more from Mexican police.  But we all know that.

Your stance is the racist/discriminatory stance, CSD.  You're alleging that some of us want to selectively enforce immigration laws.

I don't.

I want EVERYONE in this country to be identifiable, if I am also compelled to be identifiable.  And I want EVERYONE in this country to be financially and legally accountable for their actions, if I am also compelled to be financially and legally accountable for my actions.  I don't care about certain 1st world industrialized nations having "better" visitors than Mexican visitors.  I don't think that's the case at all.

Again, I'm on the record earlier saying that I don't care if it's the VP of marketing for Daimler-AG, or the President of Honda Motor Corporation.  If they're traipsing around the country without passports/visas/vehicle insurance, I want 'em snatched up and sent back to wherever they came from.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

• friends
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2011, 09:03:53 PM »
are folks required to carry passports here?  i mean away from alabama?

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/62c961f75c304d32a6d2add8744a4bf6/AL--Immigration-Law-Mobile-Homes/

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-20123545/few-americans-take-immigrants-jobs-in-alabama/?tag=contentMain;contentBody

A crew of four Hispanics can earn about $150 each by picking 250-300 boxes of tomatoes in a day, said Jerry Spencer, of Grow Alabama, which purchases and sells locally owned produce. A crew of 25 Americans recently picked 200 boxes — giving them each $24 for the day.

It may make sense for some to sit on the couch. Unemployment benefits provide up to $265 a week while a minimum wage job, at $7.25 an hour for 40 hours, brings in $290

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 12:49:14 PM »
You left out an important part of the article.  Skilled vs. unskilled pickers.  Stop cherry picking stuff from these articles.  :laugh:

At his farm, field workers get $2 for every 25-pound box of tomatoes they fill. Skilled pickers can make anywhere from $200 to $300 a day, he said.

Unskilled workers make much less.

I would have no problem doing this kind of work as long as the employer realizes that I don't fit into the skilled category.

• friends
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 03:17:55 PM »
You left out an important part of the article.  Skilled vs. unskilled pickers.  Stop cherry picking stuff from these articles.  :laugh:

I would have no problem doing this kind of work as long as the employer realizes that I don't fit into the skilled category.
apparently not very many folks in alabama seem to want to do it

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 08:02:32 PM »
apparently not very many folks in alabama seem to want to do it

Remove welfare or pay more for labor. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”