Author Topic: Pendrive Apps  (Read 492 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Pendrive Apps
« on: December 18, 2011, 12:29:43 PM »
So though I'm supposed to be on Christmas vacation this week, I, like every year, get suckered into fixing problems with all my relatives computers. I of course didn't bring any of my regular diagnostic apps with me (because I'm supposed to be on Christmas vacation), so was searching to download some of my usual apps when I ran into this website. It's a nice collection of USB apps for a variety of stuff from diagnostics, to virus scanning, to OS booting. Figured it was worth sharing:

http://www.pendriveapps.com/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
Re: Pendrive Apps
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 12:37:43 PM »
I bookmarked that one to explore later.  Looks like there's some good stuff to be mined there.
Thanks.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

erictank

• friends
Re: Pendrive Apps
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 05:13:40 PM »
The Portable Office suite is nice - lots of the same stuff as on Lupo Pendrive, IIRC.  I've got one 8GB drive I loaded with the newest version (several months ago) of the suite and every interesting-looking app, and ended up putting something like 5GB of apps on it.  Kinda defeated the purpose, I think, but hey, USB drives are cheap these days. 

I really don't use it much, though.