Author Topic: Feds Raid Tulsa Used Car Dealership In Terrorism Investigation  (Read 1299 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Feds Raid Tulsa Used Car Dealership In Terrorism Investigation
« on: December 18, 2011, 12:46:43 PM »
http://www.newson6.com/story/16340710/feds-raid-tulsa-used-car-dealership-over-he

This was all but in my own backyard.  Funds were diverted to support Hezbollah
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Feds Raid Tulsa Used Car Dealership In Terrorism Investigation
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 02:15:55 PM »
I just shopped for a used car and came to realize that the independent dealers in my area are overwhelmingly arabic. This was central VA but it was obvious that all the cars were northern VA and Maryland auction buys and the dealers here did a lively biz patching them together and re-selling them. They were not prime auction picks. What kind of dealer is open 3 days a week and you have to call them to get them to show up one hour after opening on a day they are open? Saw this several places.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 02:49:08 PM »
This thread should probably be in "Political," because this IMHO has obvious political implications. It is one more example of our failed immigration policy.

If I wanted to emigrate to Canada or Australia, I couldn't -- they don't need people in my profession. Here in the U.S., we let anyone in. I haven't noticed used car dealerships, but it's painfully obvious that just about ALL quicky mart type stores are now owned, operated and staffed exclusively by either Arabs or Pakistanis, and as long ago as a decade back it was a truism that all the low-end hotels (Econo-Lodge, Comfort Inn, etc.) were run by Pakistanis. A cousin (now passed away) had been a motel owner in Arizona. My wife and I visited after he had sold out and retired, and he explained that Americans can't compete. The Pakistanis put one or two people on the payroll, then the whole extended family works to the hotel, either free or under the table. His comment then was that ALL his competition was owned by Pakistanis, and they were all named Patel.

Sure enough, a few years ago a no-tell motel a couple of towns over built another hotel next door, and affiliated the new one with one of the chains (Comfort Inn, IIRC). And it turns out the owner of both is named ... Patel.

This country does NOT need more gas station operators or budget hotel operators. So why are we allowing all these people to immigrate? They are destroying the economy. Same with the Mexicans and Ecuadorians. It isn't that they "doing the jobs Americans don't want to do." It's that they are doing the work for less than a reasonable wage because they live differently and put even 10-year old kids to work (illegally) to make their enterprises viable.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 03:10:39 PM »
I debated putting it in Politics, but there are plenty of homegrown supporters of these types of groups in the U.S.A. also.  The scary thing is there maybe more of them.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 03:46:35 PM »
Oh teh noes! Those damn Pakistanies are running hotels and staffing them with there families. What will we do!?  ;/

What does them being named Patel have to do with anything?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 04:08:14 PM »
Wow, Hawkmoon. I never thought I'd hear anyone complaining about too many entrepreneurs coming in and mucking things up.  ???  

I have this insane theory that, if there happen to be a lot of furriners running small businesses, it's because America attracts people willing to take risks and make their own decisions. A crazy thought, I know. The crazier thought is, that could be a good thing.  :O
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 05:26:22 PM »
A friend of mine bought a used car from a Russian in Van Nuys.

What's worse is that with all the window bars and barbed wire topped fences, Van Nuys looks like a third world country.  Well, maybe it is  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 06:45:24 PM »
For the record, I have met at least one furrin businessmen that was not terribly ethical, or a very good person generally. I've also been in some immigrant-run stores of questionable cleanliness (along with a couple of restaurants that an exterminator told me were the cleanest she had ever seen). All that being said, at least these immigrants were working, and building something.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife