Author Topic: Tool and tool case parts  (Read 911 times)

White Horseradish

• friend
Tool and tool case parts
« on: December 19, 2011, 12:30:20 PM »
Now that I got good advice on stuff from AC to washing machines here, I am inclined to ask about everything here first.  =D

In that vein, I need a few Makita things. I have a 4" angle grinder that needs a guard, and some tool cases that need latches. The old metal reciprocating saw case I have no hope for, I doubt it's a separate part. The two plastic cases for the grinder and drill have the same sliding latches, and both are missing one each. Any advice on where to get little stuff like that? I have found the guard online for $11, but the latches are proving to be absurdly difficult.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Tool and tool case parts
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 03:54:13 PM »
Were I you, I would look for some soft-sided tool cases that would hold each tool with accessories. Or if you could move the other latch to the grinder case, you could even get a purpose-built drill case. http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/dtpro-drill-sergeant-92228.aspx

Or get hard-sided cases at a gun or hardware store, that come with foam inserts you can cut to fit.

But then, my answers may not fit you, as I tend not to use the cases that came with my tools. I keep multiple tools in one tool bag. 4 or 5 tool bags, actually.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

White Horseradish

• friend
Re: Tool and tool case parts
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 04:21:43 PM »
Or if you could move the other latch to the grinder case
=D That's why they have one latch each...

I don't do the multiple tool thing because they don't usually go to the same places. Grinder is a garage denizen, while drill and saw travel.

I really like DeWalt cases. They have super-sturdy metal latches and holes to attach a shoulder strap. That's handy if you are carrying a bunch of stuff. I'm not sure a DeWalt case would take Makita stuff without moving dividers, though.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design