Author Topic: Archer the Author  (Read 850 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Archer the Author
« on: December 23, 2011, 06:14:32 PM »
Archer (who only Firefly and Ron Swanson should top around here) is releasing a book. Looks to be pretty good. Dammit it's not on the Kindle. I reserved a copy anyway.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Archer-Ultimate-Espionage-Cocktails/dp/0062066315/ref=pd_ys_qtk_fr_3?pf_rd_p=53351022&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_i=home&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=06SNVCRKH6FTDKTAS09G
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

freakazoid

• friend
Re: Archer the Author
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 06:21:52 PM »
Win.  :lol: The show cracks me up.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 06:52:19 PM »
Damn fine show, I'll have to get the book.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 06:54:20 PM »
Want.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 11:26:51 PM »
I haven't got into Archer yet, but speaking of Firefly, Rick Castle also has some new books out, and reprints of his Derek Storm novels.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

erictank

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 05:40:31 AM »
I haven't got into Archer yet, but speaking of Firefly, Rick Castle also has some new books out, and reprints of his Derek Storm novels.

I read one of the Rick Castle novels recently, while Dad was back in the hospital in November.  I thought it was... unremarkable.  It read like an episode of the show, frankly - which I like, don't get me wrong, I loves me some Castle.  Nathan Fillion is hilarious.  Unfortunately, I didn't think that that translated well to the printed page, and the veil between the TV show characters and their "versions" in the book was so thin it was practically nonexistent (okay, Nikki Heat was ALWAYS supposed to be Beckett, but there were versions of Castle, Detectives Esposito and Ryan, ME Lanie Parish, and Captain Montgomery, as well - and it bugged me a little).  I did get a kick out of the "author's photo blurb" on the back cover, which was naturally written as if Rick Castle was a real person and had a pic of Fillion as Castle.