Author Topic: People of Wal Mart part 2  (Read 4789 times)

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
People of Wal Mart part 2
« on: December 29, 2011, 09:14:07 PM »
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

CNYCacher

• friend
Re: People of Wal Mart part 2
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 10:54:45 PM »
Did you see she is in a Hyundai commercial?  :laugh: :laugh:  I did a double-take when I saw that sitting in the wait area at the tire shop about 4 weeks ago.  Went home and got on her youtube channel and there was no mention of it.  Thought I was going nuts but then eventually she posted a video mentioning it.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Lee

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 12:47:06 PM »
Do you know which state(s) these are shot in?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 01:16:29 PM »

Do you really think anyone is going to admit that? ? ?
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 01:19:57 PM »

As far as I know, she is lifting the images from peopleofwalmart.com, which is all user-submitted content from anywhere.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 02:01:06 PM »
As far as I know, she is lifting the images from peopleofwalmart.com, which is all user-submitted content from anywhere.

This, because I have seen several of those photos on the site.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 02:23:27 PM »
This, because I have seen several of those photos on the site.

How many of those people are there because they lost a bet?
"It's good, though..."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 02:46:33 PM »
Have you ever looked at the site.  In the beginning I would say most were candid shots and the people being photographed had no idea.  But anymore I would say 30-40% are staged.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 05:04:57 PM »
As near as I can figure, the nice young lady and some associates are dressing up as characters from www.peopleofwalmart.com , interspersed with some stills of the actual people of walmart taken from the website.

Some of the stills may have the tag showing which state they were shot in/attributed to.  I'm sure not going tp pore over all of them and the website to match them up - unless someone has enough money for me to waste time looking.  (Anybody?)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 05:26:28 PM »
Well, that's the first time i've seen the site.

And i'm disturbed. It's like all the worst things one see's at walmart over the course of a few years distilled into one nightmare of a website.
*shudder* and I have to go to walmart in the near future.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 05:48:15 PM »
Well, that's the first time i've seen the site.

And i'm disturbed. It's like all the worst things one see's at walmart over the course of a few years distilled into one nightmare of a website.
*shudder* and I have to go to walmart in the near future.

I go to Wal Mart fairly often and the greatest majority of people there are perfectly normal people, not the uh, well, the interesting people shown on the website we're discussing.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 05:52:45 PM »
WalMartians- they're from another planet.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 06:00:51 PM »
E
I go to Wal Mart fairly often and the greatest majority of people there are perfectly normal people, not the uh, well, the interesting people shown on the website we're discussing.

I really want to know where this walmart is. I really, really want to know.

And then trade my walmart for yours.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 06:04:56 PM »
I have to go to walmart in the near future.

Are ya gonna git yer picture taken?

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 06:07:26 PM »

DD

It depends on how work goes. I could be perfectly normal, I could be covered in white fuzzy undercoat or I could be mauled, bloody and battered.
 ;)

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 06:38:13 PM »
E
I really want to know where this walmart is. I really, really want to know.

And then trade my walmart for yours.

There's two pretty near me and a third a bit farther away -- what I've said applies to all of them.
What can I say?   Guess I'm just lucky that way.   [tinfoil]

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 09:12:44 PM »

This is Wal-Mart.....the correct phraseology is "Are ya gonna get yer picture took?"......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 09:53:17 PM »
The People of Gun Shows would be an interesting web site. Gun ranges, too, for that matter.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 12:45:42 AM »
This is Wal-Mart.....the correct phraseology is "Are ya gonna get yer picture took?"......

Sorry cuzin.  You no I neffer went to none of them there englix claases.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 12:46:13 AM »
The People of Gun Shows would be an interesting web site. Gun ranges, too, for that matter.

True, that.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 12:48:02 AM »
the cruddy lap top I am borrowing wont let me see the link, however the walmart I go to in a upscale part of Reno, NV has lots of nice people there & they are selling SIG AR15s, the old guy behind the gun counter is smart and friendly.

I lost the receipt for the headlamp I bought a month 1/2 ago and the nice young feller that was the manager let me exchange it because it broke.

I like walmart, you just have to be kind of careful of what you're buying.
There is a Kohl's across the way from wallyworld, I went in with a senior lady I was driving. The mens underwear was almost 20 dollars a pack, in wallyworld the same exact thing sold for 7 or 8 bucks.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."