Author Topic: Real survivor story  (Read 2168 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Real survivor story
« on: January 08, 2012, 11:25:07 AM »
Why people bungee jump is beyond my understanding, but this little gal must have quite a lot of stamina and clear thinking under pressure:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/01/08/tourist-survives-plunge-into-crocodile-infested-waters-after-bungee-cord-snaps/

:O
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Real survivor story
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 11:56:29 AM »
Probably scared the **** out of the crocs ...... [tinfoil] [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 12:45:40 PM »
Especially in third world countries..... :facepalm:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 01:22:29 PM »
Especially in third world countries..... :facepalm:

What's worse: swimming through crocodile infested waters, or spending a week in a Zimbabwe hospital?

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Real survivor story
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 04:14:09 PM »
Well that's a hell of a way to ring in the new year
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 04:31:42 PM »
She's Australian.  She's got like 200+ years of natural eugenics backing her, regarding hostile conditions and animals that *will* kill you.  =D
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 05:49:19 PM »
She's Australian.  She's got like 200+ years of natural eugenics backing her, regarding hostile conditions and animals that *will* kill you.  =D

Yeah, but do they tie kids' feet together and throw them in a lake to teach them how to swim ?   =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 07:25:31 PM »
Ask any Aussie, and I bet you a strip of bacon the answer is Yes.  :laugh:
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 10:21:34 PM »
Why people bungee jump is beyond my understanding,

It seemed like the thing to do at the time. Almost 20 years ago, last day of Sturgis bike rally 1992.
It was a total adrenalin rush.
But, when they bounced the next guy on the ground it kind of spoiled the experience for me, we had flipped a coin to see who got to go first. I've actually got the guy hitting the ground on video (compact VHS) I need to get it converted someday before it is too late.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams