Author Topic: Shipping to Japan, is this going to be OK?  (Read 646 times)

Shipping to Japan, is this going to be OK?
« on: May 17, 2006, 11:33:29 AM »
Ignore the shipping address in the payment. eBay doesn't properly deal with APO/FPO addresses. (Military post offices)

Please ship to the following using U.S. Postal Service. (How appropriate that he'd be shipped by the second most violent mail carrier in the world. The first most can be found in Somolia, but theirs is for defense.)

[removed]

It'll take about 6 weeks, but it will get here. You will need to fill out a customs form. Here's what'd I'd suggest to put in it:
Value: $75
Description: Antique Collectable Stuffed Animal
Nomenclature: 1 of 1.

Anything else should be ok. Just please don't mention Haunted, Cursed, Possessed or anything similar. Seriously, the Japanese customs agent that checks the mail will freak if he sees that. They may be technologically advanced, but I've never run into a more superstitious people.
Just verifying my instructions are all going to work out alright.. don't want to violate this guys privacy, but I figure some people on here would be able to tell me if it's good or not.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 04:19:25 PM »
They look ok, though I'm more used to seeing APO, AE (Europe&Middle East).

Did you send this email, or is this the address the guy sent you?

I'd take his advice and package it really, really well.

Oh, and if you send it priority, it'll generally get there a little quicker.  In Europe I got priority in about 2 weeks, standard took 6.

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 07:48:55 PM »
It looks pretty correct to me.

Check with your local main post office, he is correct about the customs form. Not sure on the address, but again the post office can tell you.