Author Topic: Why can't this ever happen to me???  (Read 1300 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Why can't this ever happen to me???
« on: January 13, 2012, 05:51:06 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/13/us-russia-kalashnikov-idUSTRE80C1ON20120113

Man buys crates to use for firewood, finds a bunch of AK-47's in them.  (article does not specifically say AK-47, but 50's production...  Kalashnikov so it goes to follow).

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Why can't this ever happen to me???
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 05:55:33 PM »
....because it happened in Russia, not here.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 06:30:16 PM »
Wouldn't mind stumbling across a crate full of winchester or marlin lever guns  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cambeul41

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 08:32:03 PM »
Is there any indication that he will benefit  one whit?
?It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.?
?Thomas Sowell

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 08:36:13 PM »
Is there any indication that he will benefit  one whit?

Not unless he actually found two crates & buried one before the press arrived..... ;)
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 12:55:45 AM »
Yeah how many of us on here would actually let it be known we found that?  I hope the answer would be zero..
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 10:43:19 AM »
I've always had the fantasy of acquiring a huge pile of empty AK crates and ammo cans, and  dumping them on the shore of some nanny state...

Just to watch them panic.   >:D
I promise not to duck.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 10:46:17 AM »
Yeah how many of us on here would actually let it be known we found that?  I hope the answer would be zero..
Guns, what guns? I used to have a few, but there was this disastrous boating accident......
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 06:49:31 PM »
Every now and then you read a story like this, although usually it's someone finding a bag of money/coins/gold/jewelry with no markings or indication of ownership.

I suspect the Iceberg Principle is in play - just like 9/10 of an iceberg is beneath the surface, my guess is 9/10 of the people who "find" things just keep quiet about it.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 07:03:31 PM »
Cop friend of mine told me a story about a house he got called out to. He wasn't called because it was a gun he was called to come check this out type thing.
Guy was measuring rooms in his house for carpet, found 1 room to be 2-3 feet too small. Cut a hole in the wall to find almost 500 civil war era guns. Yes they we in there from the war not a recent addition. All in good shape and ready to go.
Sold a bunch, paid off the house and other stuff like that.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 07:11:26 PM »
Cop friend of mine told me a story about a house he got called out to. He wasn't called because it was a gun he was called to come check this out type thing.
Guy was measuring rooms in his house for carpet, found 1 room to be 2-3 feet too small. Cut a hole in the wall to find almost 500 civil war era guns. Yes they we in there from the war not a recent addition. All in good shape and ready to go.
Sold a bunch, paid off the house and other stuff like that.

See, I want to be that guy. ^^
 =D
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 07:12:50 PM »
Similar story, current now on TFL.com.  Guy doing some work for an old lady.  Old lady lets him have hubby's old footlocker, which she can't open.  Guy finds WW1 era (pre A1 changes) 1911 in footlocker, looks to be in pretty good shape.  Here.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.