Author Topic: Delivering one last gift  (Read 866 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Delivering one last gift
« on: January 25, 2012, 08:35:35 PM »

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1298199044001&odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|featured

Synopsis: a captain in the Wyoming National Guard buys a basket-case 1959 Chevy Apache to restore for his wife.  Pays a local mechanic $17K to fix it up.  Captain is deployed to Afghanistan and is KIA.  Mechanic skedaddles with the money without doing the work.  A group of volunteers restores the truck and gives it to his widow.

Some people are pretty darn cool.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Delivering one last gift
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 11:14:29 AM »
Darned dust in the room!

And I seem to have missed the part where the mechanic was wheeled out and extended his double-arm cast to return the $17K.  But I'm thinking the kind of folks who would put the truck back together would make sure that other thing was also taken care of.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 11:53:30 AM »
The good people who made this happen are why i still have hope for the future of this country...

The dirtbag who ran withthe money is why I passed us a big money job in a law firm to be a prosecutor, and now magistrate judge.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 09:40:19 PM »
The dirtbag better keep running ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 01:21:17 AM »
Such an awesome story.  Saw the Overhaulin sign on the garage door when the rolled the finished truck in.  Wonder if Foose had any involvement?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!