Author Topic: Andrew Breitbart has died.  (Read 6396 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Andrew Breitbart has died.
« on: March 01, 2012, 10:11:07 AM »
http://www.breitbart.tv/in-memoriam-andrew-breitbart-1969-2012/

He was only 42 (or 43), and is said to have died of natural causes.

The story has gone national, but I have this idea he might be audacious enough to be pulling a fast one on the Big Media types. Hope so.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: Andrew Breitbart has died.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 10:20:49 AM »
Seems to be true.

Damn, damn, damn. The man was a lion.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 10:21:43 AM »
At CPAC a couple of weeks ago, he said he had videos of Obama that he was going to release that would really blow things up.

I'm not a conspiracy nut, but the timing is unusual.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 10:28:17 AM »
What?!? =(
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 10:31:38 AM »
Mess with the bull, get the horns?

[tinfoil]
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 10:43:47 AM »
At CPAC a couple of weeks ago, he said he had videos of Obama that he was going to release that would really blow things up.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time... [tinfoil]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 10:58:36 AM »
Truly a sad day, I feel for his family and friends.  Losing someone unexpectedly at a relatively young age is always hard.

Right there with ya...  One would hope that if he really had something that explosive, he had safeguards in place that in the event of his untimely demise, the information would be disseminated far and wide.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 11:07:55 AM »
http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/

Andrew recently wrote a new conclusion to his book, Righteous Indignation:

I love my job. I love fighting for what I believe in. I love having fun while doing it. I love reporting stories that the Complex refuses to report. I love fighting back, I love finding allies, and—famously—I enjoy making enemies.

Three years ago, I was mostly a behind-the-scenes guy who linked to stuff on a very popular website. I always wondered what it would be like to enter the public realm to fight for what I believe in. I’ve lost friends, perhaps dozens. But I’ve gained hundreds, thousands—who knows?—of allies. At the end of the day, I can look at myself in the mirror, and I sleep very well at night.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 11:19:30 AM »

This seems more likely:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/01/andrew-breitbart-dies-natural-causes-website-reports/

Someone saw him fall and called paramedics, who tried to revive him. They rushed him to the emergency room at UCLA Medical Center, Bean said. Breitbart had suffered heart problems a year earlier, but Bean said he could not pinpoint what happened.

"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 11:33:08 AM »
But, but, but! The Gubmint sprayed chemtrails on his house! Or used the HAARP in Alaska! Double rainbows! Eleventy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 11:38:49 AM »
Nothing to see here, move along  :police:   :lol:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 02:30:05 PM »
Honor his memory by exposing the Left's vileness and hatred.

http://storify.com/Danny_Glover/twitter-hate-the-left-s-breitbart-memorial/

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/liberals-celebrate-death-andrew-breitbart/403471

http://michellemalkin.com/2012/03/01/devastating-andrew-breitbart-r-i-p/

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/03/01/in-memoriam-andrew-breitbarts-enemies-react-to-his-passing/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Not that I'm defending what they're saying, but we are talking about the guy who, in the hours immediately following Ted Kennedy's death, referred to Kennedy as a "villain", a "duplicitous bastard", a "prick" and "a special pile of human excrement."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 02:33:13 PM »
Not that I'm defending what they're saying, but we are talking about the guy who, in the hours immediately following Ted Kennedy's death, referred to Kennedy as a "villain", a "duplicitous bastard", a "prick" and "a special pile of human excrement."

I suppose that makes all the lib mudslinging OK. :angel:

I have relatives that work in the media  that can tell stories of Teddy Kennedy that would curl your toes.  Not that they'd actually ever PUBLISH those stories..... [barf]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 02:37:54 PM »
I suppose that makes all the lib mudslinging OK. :angel:

I have relatives that work in the media  that can tell stories of Teddy Kennedy that would curl your toes.  Not that they'd actually ever PUBLISH those stories..... [barf]

Nope.  Slinging sleze about someone right after they die is in poor taste.  It was wrong when he did it and it's wrong for them to do it now.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 02:59:02 PM »
Nope.  Slinging sleze about someone right after they die is in poor taste.  It was wrong when he did it and it's wrong for them to do it now.

=|

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 02:59:39 PM »

How many people did Breitbart kill again? Insulting someone who left a woman to die seems different than insulting someone who disagrees with you politically.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 03:04:02 PM »

Sarcasm meter: broken.   ;/

How many people did Breitbart kill again? Insulting someone who left a woman to die seems different than insulting someone who disagrees with you politically.

Hell yes.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 03:30:08 PM »
And once again (from people I see on both the left and the right, I'm in a similar conversation with friends of mine for whom I'm probably the most conservative person they associate with), all I really hear is a lot of talk both here and there that translates to "It's okay when people I agree with do it, it's not okay when people I disagree with do it."  Never mind, done with it.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 03:37:40 PM »
I guess I have no problems distinguishing between a patriot and a sleezeball drunkard murdering welfare pimp boil on the 4th point of contact of western society.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 04:11:47 PM »
And once again (from people I see on both the left and the right, I'm in a similar conversation with friends of mine for whom I'm probably the most conservative person they associate with), all I really hear is a lot of talk both here and there that translates to "It's okay when people I agree with do it, it's not okay when people I disagree with do it."  Never mind, done with it.

If you can't distinguish between "someone who has (negligently) murdered an innocent and used family and money to get away with it" and "guy I don't agree with politically" then yeah, totally reasonable.

You were down on people being happy Osama died too, right?  ;/

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 04:17:50 PM »

I don't know who you are talking about.  I don't care either way.  I don't feel the need to say nice things about bad people just because they died.  I won't go out of my way to insult them, but honesty is always good even if some people can't handle it.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 10:17:57 PM »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 10:22:05 PM »
Unseen Tapes of Obama in College Will be Released

But they wouldn't do that to a white president.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 11:17:26 AM »

I called him a lot worse. A lot worse. And was *expletive deleted*ing OVERJOYED when he finally kicked the bucket.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!