Author Topic: CZ vs CZ  (Read 722 times)

White Horseradish

• friend
CZ vs CZ
« on: April 29, 2012, 11:33:19 AM »
I have a surplus police CZ-82, in the original 9mm Makarov. I also have a chance to acquire a CZ-83 in .380. I don't really need both.

Ammo isn't really a factor, and I also have a Makarov, as well as some other guns in .380.

What would you do? Swap, or keep?
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: CZ vs CZ
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 02:06:40 PM »
Normally I'd say skip it, but somehow I doubt the 83 is going to break your bank.  If the price is right, go for it.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 03:49:24 PM »
If you can afford it, get it. If nothing else, you have spare parts for the other....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 09:36:15 PM »
I just ordered a CZ-83 this weekend.  I don't have anything in 9X18 so I was always reluctant to take that plunge.  I kind of thought this was a good way to try it out without a new caliber. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 10:25:13 PM »
They are a fun little pistol. I hear they don't stand up well to IPSC-level round counts, but I don't shoot mine nearly that much.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein