Author Topic: For Wisconsinites on Recall day  (Read 11396 times)

brimic

• friends
For Wisconsinites on Recall day
« on: June 05, 2012, 10:42:25 AM »
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/purple-wisconsin/156895685.html#!page=2&pageSize=10&sort=newestfirst

I dare you to watch and make it all the way through the video. I made it to about the 2 minute mark....
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: For Wisconsinites on Recall day
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 10:59:59 AM »
Seems like Walker is safe, but I'll be very interested to see what happens today.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 01:24:11 PM »
The turnout is big. I voted at about 10am, and close to 1000 votes had already been cast in my district.
Andy

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 01:46:21 PM »
Cautiously optimistic for a five point Walker win here as well. 

No read on this second round of Senate recalls though. However, there's indications that the redistricting that happened after the 2010 Census stands a good chance of reversing a loss of that house of the legislature as soon as this November. Especially if there's anti-Obama coattails to be had, and a Walker win leaves the "enthusiasm gap" for WI Democrats bigger than ever.

My big fear, is that if by some miracle Barrett "wins", the vote fraud needed to get him over the top will have to be so blatant, nobody can deny it isn't happening anymore, and we'll have to deal with the fallout of that for months and months to come.  [tinfoil]

I promise not to duck.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 01:59:46 PM »
The Left and especially the Unions have gone "All In" on this recall.  If they lose this will be a crippling event that they may not recover from. 

The unions might just be neutered in future elections.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 02:04:25 PM »
What we really need is a big, fat margin for Walker, so others governors feel safe in standing up to the unions.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 02:16:56 PM »
My big fear, is that if by some miracle Barrett "wins", the vote fraud needed to get him over the top will have to be so blatant, nobody can deny it isn't happening anymore, and we'll have to deal with the fallout of that for months and months to come.

No worries, the US DOJ is going to be monitoring the election =|

AJ-did you read Eugene Kane's column today? He was concerned about the winning side gloating. I think I might send him an email and do just that tomorrow. =D

Barack Obama

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 02:46:04 PM »

AJ-did you read Eugene Kane's column today? He was concerned about the winning side gloating. I think I might send him an email and do just that tomorrow. =D
Well, now I feel totally confident in an outcome that's actually legitimate. ;/
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 02:54:20 PM »
The Left and especially the Unions have gone "All In" on this recall.  If they lose this will be a crippling event that they may not recover from.  

The unions might just be neutered in future elections.

"might just be neutered?"  =D

THAT, Thank God, is a DONE DEAL already. It happened when the union's hand-picked candidate, uber-Left Kathleen Falk, (who stupidly signed an agreement with the unions she'd hold state budgets hostage until a repeal of Act 10 was amended to it... which is borderline illegal "pay for play".) lost the Democratic primary to the lackadaisical Barrett, who's only really in the race for two reasons.

- The unions telling him to stay OUT, pissed him off mightily.

- Politically, he's on the rather lazy end of the spectrum, and sees it mainly as one more free toss for the Governor's mansion with others footing the bill.

All the election campaigning by the Left has been about red herrings, job numbers, and vague threats about education. And making political hay out of the John Doe investigation (that Walker asked for!) of a Walker aide found embezzling money from a veteran's charity, that ran amok and became a political witch hunt borne of lefty butthurtedness...

Barrett has already stated he won't push for a repeal of Act 10, or renewing collective bargaining or automatic union dues deductions for .gov workers. And no matter the outcome of the Governor's race, or the Senate recall elections today, the GOP still holds the Assembly, and even if the Senate does flip, the 2010 Census redistricting threatens to give the Assembly back to GOP control as soon as this November.

So the GOOD NEWS is that no matter what happens, save for fire and police (which have endorsed Walker) .gov unions in WI are kaput. And the corrupt cycle found in their ability to be given tax dollars by Democrats, then turn around and recycle that money as campaign donations, and time and effort for electioneering and organizing for those same Democrats is over.

That's not to say Walker losing or one or more of the four Republican State Senators losing wouldn't be a blow, and we could REALLY use the repudiation of the Democrats and Unions politically on the entire national scene, but as far as Wisconsin is concerned, we're already coasting in a "We may lose the battle, but we've already won the war." kind of scenario here.

I don't pay the Urinal Sentinel a dime, even in the form of click/view ad impression revenue anymore. I guess I'll have to go look.

Oh, and as to Holder's goon squad, our somewhat milqtoast Republican AG is sending WI DOJ staff out to do poll watching too. So there's some balance, perhaps... although I have to wonder if it's like the various Federal bureaucracies, where the titular head changes with the administration, but the trenches are a bunch of solidly leftists wedged into their sinecures.

ETA.. I'm hearing some anecdotal reports from sympathetic folks in occupied territory of northern Illinois school bus company lots being EMPTY during the middle of the day, when there's no school pick-ups or drop-offs happening.  :-X
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 03:39:18 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 05:38:31 PM »
City clerk in Madison says turnout is right now at %119 due to same day registration and  reregistration.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 05:55:43 PM »
City clerk in Madison says turnout is right now at %119 due to same day registration and  reregistration.

Shocker.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 06:32:35 PM »

I think maybe even Jimmy Carter would be a better election monitor.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 08:25:29 PM »
when do polls close?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 08:34:01 PM »
8pm CST.
I promise not to duck.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 09:31:15 PM »
Remember- UW-Madison has around 45,000 students, and a lot of them are being registered there the first time. If there are going to be any election fraud shenanigans, its almost always in the inner city wards in Milwaukee.

Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 09:32:57 PM »
Voted at 7pm, #2250ish in a village of 6000 people. There was still at least 100 people in line when I left. This is a good thing as my village typically votes >2/3 republican.

Barack Obama

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 09:41:10 PM »
Fox is showing 61%-39% in Walker's favor with just 10% of precincts reporting.  Although it looks like a blowout, there is still a long way to go.  It will likely narrow considerably before it's over.  Exit polling is showing the race too close to call.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 10:01:58 PM »
Moments ago, both Fox News and CNN called the race for Walker.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 10:15:37 PM »
There are still a lot of votes to count... I was hearing all day that the turnout is expected to be 2.5-2.8 million voters... and only about 760,000 votes have been counted so far.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

http://www.620wtmj.com/elections
Andy

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 10:22:56 PM »
Cam and company saying Walker won
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 10:54:52 PM »
Breaking News:
Wisconsin - Just minutes ago Joe Biden called Gov Walker to concede defeat in the latest election, when the Governor informed VP Biden that he was still VP and his election is in November, Biden was visibly angry and shouted "I hate when Barry pranks me" .... Obama is reportedly still laughing at this hour.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 11:13:20 PM »
Walker's margin is shrinking rapidly as some of the more urban area tallies come in.  While I still believe Walker will win, his victory will not be by the current 11% margin.  It will end up a low- to mid-single digit win in my opinion.  Then will come the Democrat lawsuits.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2012, 11:23:01 PM »
Walker's margin is shrinking rapidly as some of the more urban area tallies come in.  While I still believe Walker will win, his victory will not be by the current 11% margin.  It will end up a low- to mid-single digit win in my opinion.  Then will come the Democrat lawsuits.
Safe bet.

Barack Obama

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2012, 11:54:29 PM »
Barrrett conceeded.  88% reporting.  9 point Walker lead.
Formerly sumpnz

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2012, 12:10:02 AM »
Breaking News:
Wisconsin - Just minutes ago Joe Biden called Gov Walker to concede defeat in the latest election, when the Governor informed VP Biden that he was still VP and his election is in November, Biden was visibly angry and shouted "I hate when Barry pranks me" .... Obama is reportedly still laughing at this hour.

:D :D :D

Congrats, Wisconsin. You live to fight another day.