Author Topic: Zarkawi Dead  (Read 3315 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Zarkawi Dead
« on: June 08, 2006, 01:48:14 AM »
One word.  YEAH!

Too bad we couldn't have got him alive though.  Would have been nice to "interragate" him then publicly beheaded him.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Leatherneck

• friend
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 02:20:35 AM »
Man, that's the best news from Iraq in a long, long time.Nick Berg's widow should rest a bit easier this morning.

I'm reminded of the Mark Twain quote along the lines of: "I've never killed a man, but I've read many obituaries with some satisfaction." (apologies to Clemens' memory).

TC
TC
RT Refugee

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 02:23:43 AM »
Great news.  Made my morning.  I am not sorry we didnt capture him.  Can you imagine how the libs would spin this one?  Think of the media circus in the court.
No, he is getting his judgement now as we speak.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 03:08:39 AM »
+1 Rabbi. The Hussein trial has become a farce. This one wouldn't have gone any better.

Great news for the troops too. Should really help morale. Can't wait for Bush's message this morning, and then to hear all the libs try and talk their way through this on the news shows tonight.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 03:16:13 AM »
Quote from: The Rabbi
 Think of the media circus in the court.
You mean you don't want to know how poverty and racism forced him into a life of beheading his imperialist masters?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

matis

• friend
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 03:18:33 AM »
GREAT!! way to start the day!

matis
Si vis pacem; para bellum.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 03:38:38 AM »
Quote from: wmenorr67
One word.  YEAH!

Too bad we couldn't have got him alive though.  Would have been nice to "interragate" him then publicly beheaded him.
No, it wouldn't have.  He'd be more of a martyr for them to rally behind.  And thats not the *expletive deleted*it we do.  That's what animals do.
Unfortunately he was successful in pretty much kicking off a civil war, by creating such a violent environment that the ethnic groups there feel free to carry out attacks on each other, and I really doubt we'll see much of a decrease in violence.  But, being the leader of outside violence, at least maybe less of it will be directed at our troops.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 04:01:03 AM »
Bush had a great one liner in his speech. With his twang more pronounced than usual:

"Justice was delivered"

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 04:20:01 AM »
Quote from: fistful
Quote from: The Rabbi
 Think of the media circus in the court.
You mean you don't want to know how poverty and racism forced him into a life of beheading his imperialist masters?
It was all the fault of Enron and the Israeli Mossad.

See, al Zarkawi was actually a Mossad agent.  He was working to keep the U.S. tied down in Iraq so Israel could proceed with its plan for world domination.  When al-Zarkawi threatened his controllers with spilling the beans, they had him executed via bombing.  Makes perfect sense, no?
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 04:34:10 AM »
I hope they bury him with a porcine carcass.

C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Leatherneck

• friend
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 04:43:06 AM »
Did anyone see Nick Berg's father on F&F this morning? What a horrible, twisted mind.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 04:49:38 AM »
Got him!  

I hope the bastard stays dead this time!

mtnbkr

• friend
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 04:56:33 AM »
Quote from: Leatherneck
Did anyone see Nick Berg's father on F&F this morning? What a horrible, twisted mind.

TC
I missed it.  Were you referring to Zarkawi or Berg's father?

Chris

DrAmazon

• friend
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 05:36:39 AM »
Quote from: charby
I hope they bury him with a porcine carcass.

C
I was just getting ready to start a thread about how Glen Beck is utterly cracking me up right now with this topic.  Beck is talking about burying him in a "ham hat" and bacon suit.  Something about the way he says it is making me giggle.

He also sent someone out for a "Zarkawi is dead" cake, and he's going to send his staff out on the street to see if anyone will take a piece (the Palestinians handed out cake and candy on 9/11).
Experiment with a chemist!

Leatherneck

• friend
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 06:07:10 AM »
PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Michael Berg, whose son Nick was beheaded in Iraq in 2004, said on Thursday he felt no sense of relief at the killing of the al Qaeda in Iraq leader blamed for his son's death.

Asked what would give him satisfaction, Berg, an anti-war activist and candidate for U.S. Congress, said: "The end of the war and getting rid of George Bush."

The United States said its aircraft killed Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the insurgent leader who masterminded the death of hundreds in suicide bombings and was blamed for the videotaped beheading of Nick Berg, a U.S. contractor, and other captives.

In a telephone interview from his home in Wilmington, Delaware, the father said: "I have no sense of relief, just sadness that another human being had to die."

Berg, who is running as a Green Party candidate, has repeatedly blamed President Bush and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld for his son's death.

Nick Berg's videotaped beheading by hooded captors was posted on the Internet, and the father said he could understand what Zarqawi's family was going through.

"As the poet John Donne said, any man's death diminishes me. It doesn't bring my son back, and this will just bring a new cycle of revenge killings," the father said.

Zarqawi's organization took responsibility for the execution of Nick Berg, 26, in May 2004. The video was published with a caption saying: "Abu Musab al-Zarqawi slaughtering an American."

When an Islamist Web site showed the video of a man severing Berg's head, the CIA said Zarqawi was probably the one wielding the knife.

The father said he was not convinced that Zarqawi's organization was responsible for his son's killing, as stated by the U.S. government. "I have been lied to by my own government," he said.
TC
RT Refugee

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 06:11:05 AM »
Berg's dad is a bigger idiot than his son was for going there in the first place.  The nut doesn't fall far from the tree...
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

chaim

• friend
    • http://groups.msn.com/TaurusTalk/_whatsnew.msnw
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 08:15:05 AM »
Its good news, but I expect a temporary escalation of violence (including possibly the death of most of the remaining Western captives in Iraq) in response.  Still, it was necessary for justice, and if he was a good manager long term it may weaken the insurgency/terrorists.
Come visit my MSN Group: Taurus Talk
http://groups.msn.com/TaurusTalk/_whatsnew.msnw

chaim

• friend
    • http://groups.msn.com/TaurusTalk/_whatsnew.msnw
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 08:29:05 AM »
His obituary on Al Jazeera:

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/128D6EEE-8BCA-46CB-AF05-417E14D40AEA.htm

"
Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq, was believed to be behind many of the most headline-grabbing attacks of the conflict in Iraq.

The Jordanian-born fighter rose to prominence as leader of the Islamist Tawhid and Jihad group in 2003...."

Click the link if you want the whole thing.

Such a misguided attempt to be "objective".  They won't even call this murderer a terrorist, he is a "fighter".  His influence is "exaggerated".  Etc, etc, etc.  Makes me want to barf.

Their second story about his death, right under the headline, is:
"Al-Zarqawi family reacts to the news"

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/391DEB60-34D8-4139-8388-C3A64C0F4474.htm

Yeah, lets humanize this animal and write about how hard it is on the family (how about the families of those he murdered).  

This is on "moderate" Al Jezeera.  I can't wait to see what the rest of the Arab media says.
Come visit my MSN Group: Taurus Talk
http://groups.msn.com/TaurusTalk/_whatsnew.msnw

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 11:11:06 AM »
Does anyone know what was going through Zaquari's mind when he died?

Anyone?

Nobody?...

SHRAPNEL!
I promise not to duck.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 12:54:08 PM »
Good, could not have happened to a more deserving fellow.

Well, OK.  I can thing of at least ONE more deserving fellow.  But with the grace of Odin he'll be getting his due one day soon.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 04:17:03 PM »
The F16 might have a little age on it, and the Mk 82 500 pounders that did the deed might be even older.  The addition of the GBU30 JDAM package sure was a wonderful thing.  Nice to see a weapon system perform as advertised.  

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_armament_article9.html

Stand_watie

• friend
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 05:03:59 PM »
Quote from: Mannlicher
The F16 might have a little age on it, and the Mk 82 500 pounders that did the deed might be even older.  The addition of the GBU30 JDAM package sure was a wonderful thing.  Nice to see a weapon system perform as advertised.  

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_armament_article9.html
Probably was nearly painless. A shame. Too bad it wasn't a wp spotting round that hit him and he could have lingered in an army burn unit for a few months (sans morphine) before succumbing.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

mtnbkr

• friend
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006, 05:42:48 PM »
Based on current reports, he was alive when our folks arrived.  So, no shrapnel through the head and he did suffer before going to hell.

Chris

Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006, 06:02:01 PM »
Shame he didn't endure something similar to having yer head sawed off with a steaknife

Waitone

• friend
Zarkawi Dead
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2006, 01:29:17 PM »
Is it possible?  Is it possible the last thing Zaquari saw before he was greated by 72 virginians was the figure of Sgt. Myron C. Numbnuts, US Special Operations Command?
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon