Author Topic: Good for Calguns  (Read 490 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Good for Calguns
« on: June 14, 2012, 08:31:09 AM »
via Slashdot, Calguns extended the patent on microstamping, to delay its implementation.  New Yolk Times.

And a bit further down in the comments is this gem:

As a gun owner for 41 years and carrier of an Illinois FOID card since the early 1980s, I vote for the strictest possible gun laws. My gun ownership actually predates the widely held belief that the Second Amendment guarantees a personal right to own and carry. I got my first gun back when most Americans, and most conservative Americans, rightly believed that the Second Amendment was not about personal gun-toting at all. This was an innovation of the Reagan Administration, along with peacetime budget deficits, astrologers in the White House and the $1trillion "Star Wars" missile defense system. Interesting, that early 1980s seems to have been some sort of turning point, after which American started a rapid decline. I don't know if there is any connection, but I'd be willing to hazard a guess.

Ugh.  Just guessing, but I'd say this individual probably isn't involved in Illinoiscarry.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Good for Calguns
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 08:58:14 AM »
Ugh.  Just guessing, but I'd say this individual probably isn't involved in Illinoiscarry reality.

FTFY
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams